RNW

I hve the same issue. [split to your own topic thread]

I have the same issue with the upcoming version KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) which was provided to me by support.

Some updates get stuck at 99% and only complete during restart. It is usually the 2nd (or 3rd?) automatic update of the day that get's stuck (the first one in the morning works fine).

This started after my Windows 10 Pro x64 upgrade to version 1803 (April 2018), and MIGHT be related to enabling the "core isolation / memory intergrity" security feature of Windows 10.

To see if your is enabled, go to update & security -> windows security -> open windows defender security center -> device security. Mine cannot be disabled because KIS seems to be managing it since I enabled it. I read that it can be disabled via registry edits but haven't tried it.

Untitled.png

Edited by RNW
added screenshot

In case it helps, mine stalls indefinitely, i.e. until restart. After restart, the last update time is the time of the restart and not the time when the update started (which might be hours ago).

How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok? Is your internet connection metered? 
Have you waited 15 minutes after system boot up to see if the update will occur? 

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server. 

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > uncheck Disable scheduled tasks.

Are you in Gaming Profile?   Kaspersky Settings > Performance > uncheck Automatically disable some functionality when in full screen mode. 

Is your Kaspersky license expiring in a few days? 

If your license is a managed subscription, please click  Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window, 
then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update. 

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.
Enable Log Non Critical Events: Settings > Additional > Reports and quarantine > check Log Non-critical events. Then do an update.
Main  Kaspersky window, lower center, More Tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,  
select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >
Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip. 

Disable Log Non Critical Events when done. 

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) pinned topic. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

The only relevant thing I can see in the above list is that I use a VPN service to connect to the internet. Could this somehow cause the update to get stuck at 99% / 100% and not finish until restart?

The thing here is that I used this VPN without issues much earlier than windows 10 v1803 (April 2018) update, but the problem only started when I updated to windows 10 v1803 and enabled "core isolation / memory intergrity" security feature.

Which of the two scenarios is more likely, any ideas? The VPN was being used successfully even before the windows update. The problem appears to have started after Win10  v1803 update (when I also enabled core isolation). Now I can't disable core isolation to test this. Other minor program/driver issues (related to core isolation) appeared at around the same time, so it looks like a very likely scenario. Anyone else using core isolation, especially with the upcoming KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) or at least the current KIS 18?

Hello,

For all who are encountering the issue:

Please create a request to Tech support via my.kaspersky.com site.

Tell me the request number via Pesonal messages.

Thanks!

Seems that it  *could*  be caused by ProtonVPN. I use the free VPN option. I have contacted them for a similar issue with Paint 3D (accessory of windows 10) and they replied that it is a known issue with the windows 10 (I have v1803). Both issues seems to disappear when I close the VPN program so I assume they might have the same origin/cause.

Note that many/most KIS updates finish successfully, but I have at least one get stuck per day which prevents further updates for the rest of the day or until I restart the PC.

You can test by using ProtonVPN and allowing all updates to be done over that. After 1-3 successful automatic updates the next one is likely to get stuck.

All of these "suggestions" are ridiculous.  Kaspersky, you have a problem.  Just fix it.  Everything was fine, then it wasn't.  Clearly your problem.  I imagine there are some who don't even realize they have an issue.  Does the same thing happen with prior versions?  If not, I'll gladly go back until you have this fixed.  Just woke up my system and it had been stuck on a sizable update for well over an hour.  I did a manual and that was still slow, but at least it worked.  Right now the only viable solution seems to be to turn off automatic updates and do manual updates which is far from ideal and not acceptable for a top level product like KTS.  Kaspersky, you know the problem.  You don't need more Tech Support requests, you need to fi the problem.

The fix is in the works. Please run Edge browser if update gets stuck at or close to 100%.