Ballistic

Patch H. Screenshot protection disabled [merged]

Hello,

I received patch h this morning thru auto updates. After a reboot I'm getting an orange border in Safe Money and the warning "Protection against screen shots is disabled".

Is there a fix on the way for this?

Hi,

I have same problem with that :(

Yesterday everything works fine, today in SafeMoney window, Kaspersky pop-up this notification (in SafeMoney settings, protection against screen shots in enabled).

Edited by Eagle

same problem

Is thre a fix to this problem?

On 5/5/2018 at 6:59 AM, Ballistic said:

Hello,

I received patch h this morning thru auto updates. After a reboot I'm getting an orange border in Safe Money and the warning "Protection against screen shots is disabled".

Was this the large update of over 22 Mb and did Kaspersky notify to reboot your computer? I never got a reboot notification if it was and usually an update that size is followed by an update. I also get the screenshot notification in safe money.

I received the exact same warning. So it seems like everyone might be getting these now? I'm wondering if this is a site-wide issue... I don't want to perform what they suggest to fix the problem though because it seems sketchy :unsure: Just this portion --> "Enable the support of third-party hypervisors in BIOS"

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/safemoney/12690?cid=KIS_18.0&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=KIS_18.0#block3

What do you all think? 

Edited by Phoenix44

I read about this, but this is very weird for me, that now u must enable Hypervisiors in Bios (because this option is always disable on start, when your PC support this technology). Latest update, when you had to reboot your computer, changed something :(

I don't like it either and really don't want to enable Virtualization (I have Windows 10)... It just seems really unsafe to me. I now don't want to use Safe Money at all. And it's even weirder that it seems to be across the board for everyone...

Oh, and ENIAC 2, I never received a notification to reboot.. I just all of a sudden got this notification about screenshots :(

Edited by Phoenix44

This issue has nothing to do with enabling visualization inside the bios. Everything was working fine until this patch.

Unless for some reason this patch disabled bios visualization.

Virtualization (not visualization) :D If you click on the link I posted above and actually scroll through all of the prompts there it shows you this... My virtualization was always disabled (even before the patch, which I never was prompted for...) I just don't want to change something in my BIOS system that is already set to disabled. I was the victim of identity theft and a huge hack before and I'm really wary of changing my system for any reason. This seems really weird to me <_< Even for Kaspersky... 

Screenshot (90).png

Edited by Phoenix44

Yesterday when I opened a website within my Safe Money, there was an orange border around it, and a message that said, "Kaspersky Internet Security is not providing full protection of your data. Protections against screenshots is disabled." and sent me to this url. 

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/safemoney/12690?cid=KIS_18.0&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=KIS_18.0#block3

I've gone through the prompts, however I feel uncomfortable with the portion that requires me to "Enable the support of third-party hypervisors in BIOS" and enable Virtualization (I have Windows 10). My virtualization was always disabled (even before the Windows 10 recent reboot), I just don't want to change something in my BIOS system that was already set to disabled. I was the victim of identity theft and a huge hack before and I'm really wary of changing my system for any reason. This seems really weird to me <_< 

What are your thoughts on this? Has this happened to anyone else? Admins, can you explain this change?

Screenshot (91).png

Screenshot (90).png

B) With the excuses of the case, but this is a Known issue on which klab DevTeam must be working

on to fix the malfunction. The issue it's been discussed already in KTS=Kaspersky Total Security

forum, where you already posted. So better Follow up on that forum to avoid confusion

Thank you Indio! I couldn't find the discussion anywhere and I looked and looked, so I finally just posted. Would you please provide me with a link to the discussion post?

Thank you! :rolleyes:

@Phoenix__ Listen don't take Me wrong every kaspersky user, can post in any forum whether

is KAV-KIS-KTS,.etc. is just that Logged in Kaspersky Total Security and read about the

bug caused by Patch-H on the "Protection against screenshots disabled" and

asked myself, why to post in another forum like KIS when is better wait

the final result of that "Thread on KTS" written by Ballistic

To find that thread, just open KTS  Sub-Forum and scroll up or Down until find

the topic  titled "Patch H. Screenshot protection disabled" stay Tuned! :)

Yes, I've seen it, because I replied on it ^_^ However, I didn't see any replies from Admins or anything on there that said this was a glitch that was being fixed. So, I decided to make my own post because I didn't feel as though I was getting anywhere. I appreciate your help- thank you!!

On 5/5/2018 at 5:59 AM, Ballistic said:

Hello,

I too have the same problem with Safe Money. It began today when I turned on my computer.

I will not enable Virtualization in my BIOS until it's explained to me why it's safe for me to do so. My question was not answered. I don't feel comfortable allowing *anyone* into my system this way and I've disabled Safe Money until this is resolved. 

On 5/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, Phoenix44 said:

I don't like it either and really don't want to enable Virtualization (I have Windows 10)... It just seems really unsafe to me. I now don't want to use Safe Money at all. And it's even weirder that it seems to be across the board for everyone...

Oh, and ENIAC 2, I never received a notification to reboot.. I just all of a sudden got this notification about screenshots :(

This is odd because usually a patch would require a reboot. I'm just going to leave it as is in hopes Kaspersky will resolve this.

Hello.

I have the same problem that started after my windows update to spring creator. Safe money stopped working with the error message KIS is not providing full protection of your data' Protection against screenshots is disabled. The protection against screenshots is actually enabled, and I am NOT changing the BIOS settings to make an internet protection run! So I hope you are fixing the problem thank you very much

Edited by cinweb

2 hours ago, cinweb said:

Hello.

I have the same problem that started after my windows update to spring creator. Safe money stopped working with the error message KIS is not providing full protection of your data' Protection against screenshots is disabled. The protection against screenshots is actually enabled, and I am NOT changing the BIOS settings to make an internet protection run! So I hope you are fixing the problem thank you very much

Interesting!! Thank you very much @cinweb! Did you continue to run Safe Money with the warning, disable it or how did you decide to handle it? (I'm curious...) 

Also try to restart PC and check issue again. Post result for me and, if problem persists (orange frame appears), then you need contact with support team: My Kaspersky Account

We can not help via forum.

12 hours ago, Phoenix44 said:

Interesting!! Thank you very much @cinweb! Did you continue to run Safe Money with the warning, disable it or how did you decide to handle it? (I'm curious...) 

Hi ,

I have updated Windows to version 1803 build 17134.1. After that safe money stopped working. Yes I have rebooted yes KIS has protection against screenshots enabled. My personal action is to wait for a fix from Kaspersky meanwhile I am not using safe money. I decided to do so because before the upgrade safe money was working well and the Windows 10 spring creators upgrade doesn't modify your BIOS settings.

Certainly is so strange you didn't get until now a warning to enable those settings in BIOS while using Safe Money :unsure:

Enabling virtualization support in BIOS is one of the steps (for long) should be done in order the anti-screenshot protection does its job correctly isolating Your browser in a Safe Money session...

I don't know why do You have that refusal to activate virtualization support in Your BIOS, it's the only way Kaspersky will protected You better in combination with Your hardware, only some antivirus can "boast" to use this protection technology...

12 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

Certainly is so strange you didn't get until now a warning to enable those settings in BIOS while using Safe Money :unsure:

Enabling virtualization support in BIOS is one of the steps (for long) should be done in order the anti-screenshot protection does its job correctly isolating Your browser in a Safe Money session...

I don't know why do You have that refusal to activate virtualization support in Your BIOS, it's the only way Kaspersky will protected You better in combination with Your hardware, only some antivirus can "boast" to use this protection technology...

I understand your point,  but in my opinion an internet security and antivirus software should be able to run without any major additional change in settings especially if it's concerning access to the BIOS, that many users do not even know how to open, or if it is concerning enabling settings that users are not aware of what we are talking about. So I am sticking to my point and if KIS becomes a difficult matter I will get another security protection.