now

Kaspersky Protection Extension not working in FireFox

I started the clean install by uninstalling KIS 2018 but it failed with an error, see attached screenshot.

I cancelled the uninstall, rebooted and then tried running the uninstall as administrator but it also failed with the same error.

So what do I do now?

KIS 2018 Uninstall error.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I have submitted my request to Tech Support with the screenshot and GSI as you requested.

Wonderful reply from Tech Support....NOT!!!

They sent me a large reply in German, has the world gone mad!

On 7/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, Berny said:

FYI , most of the issues with Kaspersky 2019 have been sorted with Patch (b).

I think you forgot to mention that when you have to uninstall KIS2018 using the KAV remover tool because of some other Kaspersky unknown issue you can't uninstall KIS2018 using Windows, that after installing KIS2019 it screws up your System restore function.

Which is quite ironic really as the first instruction you get from Tech Support is "Create a restore point" and then after KIS2019 is installed you can't do a System Restore, not even using the windows Recovery option!

Now that's a major screwup Kaspersky!!!

I got a reply from Tech Support and they have said that the Firefox issue is a Kaspersky problem as follows:

" Concerning Firefox notification. The notification that you encounter is caused because of a known issue in Kaspersky Protection extension. Kaspersky lab developers are working on a solution."

Don't think that if you update to a 2019 version that it will solve this problem because I followed instructions to update given by Tech Support and it involved using the KAV remover tool which then screwed up my System Restore function. Luckily there is a fix for it on the KIS section of the Kaspersky forum and Kaspersky were notified about the details of the fix in May.

And I still have the Firefox notification problem so we'll have to wait until it is resolved.

As the current download of the KAV remover tool still doesn't have the fix for the System Restore issue, watch out if you are advised to use the KAV remover tool to uninstall 2018 before installing 2019.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.