technikarc

The vulnerability database is not ready. The vulnerability scan has been canceled.

Problem:

For some workstations Task named "Find vulnerabilities and required updates" brings back this error.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.ed842d7906e8d4fa0a90c3950cc89633.png

Workaround:

It's not related by workstation OS.

Question:

Why it's happening and how to resolve it?

Hello. 

Could you please specify what kind of version of Kaspersky Security Center are you using ?

Hi,

Could you please clarify for what kind of hosts this error occur?

How much hosts are affected?

Is Windows update service running at these hosts?

Thank you!

Could you please clarify how to describe hosts? It's a Windows machines with OS from Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

This graph should answer the question about numbers:

Screenshot_1.png.fcca71d3081f8d24c70cc51dafc47cfb.png

Grey and yellow are workstations currently turned off. But the result of them should be correlated to the current "Completed" and "Error returned" results. It's a total random results and I can't find anything to start from.

Non of these hosts are running Windows Updates. On purpose.

Yes, I have. It explains how "Vulnerability and Patch Management" is working. It does not explain why it's not working in almost half of my cases. Could you be more specific in resolving this problem?

Thank you!

I have never performed 'Perform Windows update synchronization" task on any Workstations. But this error occurs only on some of them.

I can't even find the "Windows update synchronization" task. Nor in Tasks section, nor in "Create new task" list. How can I create it?

On 6/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, technikarc said:

I can't even find the "Windows update synchronization" task. Nor in Tasks section, nor in "Create new task" list. How can I create it?

I think you have not properly configured the settings. Start the quick start wizard and then select the following options as mentioned in screenshots. The task will be created automatically. You can also create the task manually, its under the administration server tasks.

Note: You need an ADVANCE license if you wish to do patch management.

image.png.810a7a807e6b397ba7dfb0efd035da0b.png

Edited by myousufhk
Picture Edit

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.