Sign in to follow this  
Yasir Shehzad

Traffic Security - Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 10 SP1

Hi,

I want to know about the functionality of the Traffic Security component of KSWS 10 SP1. I have below queries.

Whether KSWS10SP1 support REQMOD and RESPMOD both or not?

External Proxy will work for the REQMOD mode or only RESPMOD?

Which feature of Traffic Security (External/Redirector/Interceptor) I can use with Blue Coat Web Proxy for the scanning of Phishing/Malicious URL?

As per my understanding, the feature of Web Control will work only for the URLs accessed from the server where KSWS10SP1 is installed? is that correct?

Currently I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Proxy Server with F5 for the scanning of files. Can I use KSWS10SP1 as an alternative of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Proxy Server with F5?

Whether KSWS10SP1 has been tested with any of the product (F5, Blue coat Web proxy or any third party integration)?

Regards,

Yasir

4 часа назад, Yasir Shehzad сказал:

Whether KSWS10SP1 support REQMOD and RESPMOD both or not?

External Proxy will work for the REQMOD mode or only RESPMOD?

Both REQMOD and RESPMOD are supported.

Which feature of Traffic Security (External/Redirector/Interceptor) I can use with Blue Coat Web Proxy for the scanning of Phishing/Malicious URL?

As per my understanding, the feature of Web Control will work only for the URLs accessed from the server where KSWS10SP1 is installed? is that correct?

Web Control and URL scanning will work to the full extent in all Traffic Security modes. The only exception is the HTTPS certificate control - it will not work in the External Proxy mode, as in this mode we do not handle the HTTPS connection ourselves.

Currently I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Proxy Server with F5 for the scanning of files. Can I use KSWS10SP1 as an alternative of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.5 for Proxy Server with F5?

Yes, you can use it with F5.

Whether KSWS10SP1 has been tested with any of the product (F5, Blue coat Web proxy or any third party integration)?

KSWS 10.1 was successfully tested with F5, Blue Coat and other proxies.

1 hour ago, Oleg Bykov said:

Both REQMOD and RESPMOD are supported.

Web Control and URL scanning will work to the full extent in all Traffic Security modes. The only exception is the HTTPS certificate control - it will not work in the External Proxy mode, as in this mode we do not handle the HTTPS connection ourselves.

Yes, you can use it with F5.

KSWS 10.1 was successfully tested with F5, Blue Coat and other proxies.

1. In which mode the REQMOD and RESPMOD will be supported? External Proxy or any other mode?

2. Agreed and Understood.

3. Any specific configuration we need to do on the F5 to make it work and which mode on the KSWS 10.1 I need to select.

P.S. ( I tired as a test but I was getting the response that the no content found).

4.Do you have any best practices/configuration documents for Blue Coat /F5?

Edited by Yasir Shehzad

10 минут назад, Yasir Shehzad сказал:

1. In which mode the REQMOD and RESPMOD will be supported? External Proxy or any other mode?

REQMOD and RESPMOD only pertain to the External Proxy mode.

24 минуты назад, Yasir Shehzad сказал:

3. Any specific configuration we need to do on the F5 to make it work and which mode on the KSWS 10.1 I need to select.

P.S. ( I tired as a test but I was getting the response that the no content found).

4.Do you have any best practices/configuration documents for Blue Coat /F5?

The F5 integration guide is being prepared right now. For integration with any external proxy you should use External Proxy mode.

Can you maybe collect HTTP packets (via WireShark for example) between the proxy and KSWS machine and send to me, so we can see what goes wrong in the data exchange?

18 hours ago, Oleg Bykov said:

REQMOD and RESPMOD only pertain to the External Proxy mode.

In the admin I can find the information only about the RESPMOD, it is missing the information about REQMOD.

The F5 integration guide is being prepared right now. For integration with any external proxy you should use External Proxy mode.

The F5 integration guide will be publicly available or on-request. I would like to get notified once it is prepared.

Can you maybe collect HTTP packets (via WireShark for example) between the proxy and KSWS machine and send to me, so we can see what goes wrong in the data exchange?

I will try to collect and let you know.

Regards,

Yasir

2 часа назад, Yasir Shehzad сказал:

In the admin I can find the information only about the RESPMOD, it is missing the information about REQMOD.

It is a bug in the documentation then... Thanks for noticing, we'll get it fixed.

2 часа назад, Yasir Shehzad сказал:

The F5 integration guide will be publicly available or on-request. I would like to get notified once it is prepared.

It will be available on request, I think, within the next two weeks. I'll try to remember to let you know here in this topic.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.