SwissMuffin

updated Password Manager to v.9.0.0.944 - Linked accounts no longer supported

Hi,

i had Kaspersky password manager 8.0.6.538 and i used the link account functionality. I just upgraded to v.9.0.0.944 and the accounts have been unlinked and i do not find how to re-link the accounts. Was that intentional and if so, what functionality replaces because now i have to o it manually and the password security checker tells me there are now duplicates.

N

witherndale, hello,

Could you please provide more details of the issue? 

+ Prodive screnshots please.

You can reply to my PM. Thanks.

Hi,

With ebay as an example, YOu have one ebay ID/ password for all sites worldwide. If you login to www.ebay.co.uk and www.ebay.ch KPM creates two distinct entries with identical userid/password. Not a problem but

1) If I change it on www.ebay.co.uk, KPM still has the old password for www.ebay.ch and when i login it fails and i have to manually update KPM with the new password.

2) Using KPM check on password issues, it flags this up asa security issues as the same password is used on two sites. Annoying rather than a real problem

My old release had the functionto link accounts https://help.kaspersky.com/kpm/win8.6/en-us/86338.htm .AFter which, i could change a password and it was reflected in both KPM entries. KPM password  check was happy.

I installed the new release and it unlinked the two accounts so i have problems 1 and 2 again. ALso, i looked to relink then but there is no longer any option to do this. The functionality has gone.

If i can get the old version, i don't mind recreating this and taking the screenshots but will take  a few days. I had a forum article describing the account linking and i think there are screen shots. Search account linking in the KPM forum should find it. 

N

witherndale, hello

Try the following - open KPM - select an entry - click Edit - scroll the window to the bottom. There should be an option - Add an account.

Regarding unlink accounts issue - the information has been given to developers.

Thanks.

Hu,

thanks for the response. I found a screenshot from the old version of KPM with the "link" button on it (attached). If i can find this button and functionality i am solved. 

I tried your suggestion but that is not the functionality i want, it just creates a second userid/password for one of my ebay entries in KPM. 

I cant downgrade to the old KPM version without doing am image restore of my hard drive. Is there an file i can download for the previous release as all i can see is the new version and i had an old kpm installer but it just goes the the website and downloads version 9.

KPM - Link Userid Screenshot.pdf

Hi.

No update in a while so created a technical support request. Today I received notification the functionality is missing and it was been passed to another team. Will update next I hear.

N

Hi,

reply from Kaspersky is that the functionality, available in 8.0.6.538 ,  does not exist in v.9.0.0.944. A product improvement request has been submitted but i dont hold out hope. 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.