kjj

Kaspersky Password Manager v.9.0.0.944 installation problem

Same problem with the premium version. See screen capture of error messages. Created ticket INC000008973265 

KPM Install error - 2.JPG

KPM Install error.JPG

8 hours ago, kjj said:

Same problem with the premium version. See screen capture of error messages. Created ticket INC000008973265 

I got the exact same error screens but only after un installing version 9 using Microsoft control panel program uninstall. Prior to that I tried a couple of times to install 8.0.6.538 on top of 9 without success. Now that I have uninstalled 9,    Version "setup_8.0.6.538.exe" also has the same errors toward the end of the installation just after the desktop gets refreshed.

I got a response from Tech Support. They asked me to run the KAV remover utility and try to reinstall. I ran the utility, reinstalled KTS and then attempted to reinstall KPM. Got the same results on KPM reinstall. I updated the ticket with the negative response.

11 часов назад, caboose320 сказал:

I am having same problem as KJJ in the post above

9 часов назад, menelfloss сказал:

I got the exact same error screens but only after un installing version 9 using Microsoft control panel program uninstall. Prior to that I tried a couple of times to install 8.0.6.538 on top of 9 without success. Now that I have uninstalled 9,    Version "setup_8.0.6.538.exe" also has the same errors toward the end of the installation just after the desktop gets refreshed.

Hello all,

Please send a request with this log:  https://support.kaspersky.com/3632#block1 to Technical Support via My Kaspersky Account  

7 hours ago, Mefodys said:

Hello all,

Lets try to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64.

Firstly you need to remove all versions of this package via Control Panel - Programs and Features, then reboot and install x86 and x64 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 again:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Then try to install KPM again.

Thanks.

Mefodys,

I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64. See before and after screen shots from Control Panel. I attempted to reinstall KPM, no change.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 capture - 1.JPG

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 capture - 2.JPG

kjj, in this case we need a GSI6 report.

Please submit it to my PM.

Thanks.

Based on directions from Tech Support, I attempted a few different iterations the instructions noted above (including pausing KTS during the installation) and nothing has helped. I continue to get the same error during the KPM installation. The following is the latest response from Tech Support. I will update this thread with any new information.

Please be advised that we'll now be escalating this case for review.

I have also been instructed by tech support to re-install C++. Not sure if I want to go through that and if it may have negative consequences on my other applications.

menelfloss,

I have not seen any problems from re-installing C++. In fact, I just de-installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64 and attempted to reinstall KPM (with no 2015 C++ installed). As part of the install process, it automatically installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 and x64. However even that did not help, the KPM installation failed again.

Hello,

1. Try the following:
1) When the installation error will appear - do not close it.
2) Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.0\ and try to launch КРМ.ехе.
3) If there will appear any message, then provide us a screenshot of it.
4) Close the all messages with errors.
Inform me about the result.

2. Then:
1) Download Procmon tool: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx
2) Launch Procmon and make sure that logging is enabled.
3) Reproduce the installation error again.
4) Disable Procmon logging and Save the whole log in PML format.
5) Collect new GSI6 report.
6) Provide new logs us.

Thanks.

Mefodys,

I received an error saying Kaspersky Password Manager Service is not responding. I have attached a screen shot.

I tried the Procmon tool however the PML file is over 600 Meg and I cannot include it in this reply. How can I use Procmon but only filter what records you are interested in?

I am including two files from the %TEMP% folder from the install. The GSI6 report is greater than 4MB so I cannot upload that file in this reply but will include it in two parts in subsequent replies.

kl-setup-2018-03-20-10-57-51.log

kl-install-2018-03-20-10-58-32.log

KPM execution error after install.JPG

I have the exact same problem in my computer. Let's hope someone finds a solution to this...

I have been working with Tech Support and providing them information on my ticket INC000008973265. I will update with any solution. You may want to open a ticket as well so they can get an idea of how many people are impacted.

I had the same problem, but I solved it.

1. Export passwords into a folder so you have saved your passwords.

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

6. Click on it to expand the folders.

7. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the > icon to expand the folders

8. Click on Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

9. Delete any Password Manager folder in the Kaspersky Lab Folder.

10. Exit REGEDIT and click on the file to install Password Manager again. This should complete the installation without any issues.

Wayne

I have the same problem, and the support wrote:

"Für diesen Softwarefehler wurde inzwischen ein neuer Eintrag mit Bug-Nummer 2658725 erstellt. Unsere Entwickler arbeiten an der Behebung des Problems. Den neuen Systembericht habe ich ebenfalls an die Zentrale weitergeleitet.

Sobald uns eine Lösung vorliegt, werden Sie automatisch vom System benachrichtigt. Bitte haben Sie etwas Geduld. "

2 hours ago, methe2018 said:

I had the same problem, but I solved it.

1. Export passwords into a folder so you have saved your passwords.

2. Uninstall KPM.

3. Right-Click on Windows Icon, select & click on RUN.

4. Type in REGEDIT and click on OK. If prompt by a pop-up box, click YES.

5. Look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

6. Click on it to expand the folders.

7. Scroll down to Kaspersky Lab folder, click on the > icon to expand the folders

8. Click on Kaspersky Password Manager folder, then Right-Click and select DELETE.

9. Delete any Password Manager folder in the Kaspersky Lab Folder.

10. Exit REGEDIT and click on the file to install Password Manager again. This should complete the installation without any issues.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

I had already uninstalled KPM so I just used REGEDIT to remove all the old password manager entries from the KasperskyLab Folder in \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KasperskyLab\. There was a folder for Kaspersky Password Manger as well as an older one for Password Manager. After finishing REGEDIT, I rebooted just to be sure and then I was able to install the new KPM successfully.

This fixed my problem. Had same problem as most. KPM Wouldn't load after try to update to the 9 version, even tried a different version which you will see below. Have a ticket open with Tech. After trying a few things that Tech suggested with no success this is the last one they told me to try and what happened. They told me to install kpm_8.0.1.1315. It installed and put a shortcut to desktop but when I tried to open the shortcut, it wouldn't open. I noticed a flash in the icon bar but would just disappear in less than a second. Tried to open it from files but nothing would bring kpm up. I did a uninstall though Programs and features and had all files deleted with it. Tried the install again and still wouldn't work, even tried rebooting the computer along with it, so this time I thought to try something else. I left all the files there with the uninstall, thinking that if the first one loaded but didn't work maybe with those files left there, I might be able to install a different version which was 8.0.6.538.0.12.0 that I had tried before without success. I installed it with Open as administrator which I don't know if it makes a difference but the install worked and the KPM that installed was the  9.0.0.944.0.1.0 version and so far everything seems to being working. Even rebooted the computer and added some websites and it still seems to be working right. I don't know if this is any help for you to use but so far I'm happy.

I am a long time Kaspersky customer and have your products on 5 PCs. Earlier this week,I upgraded to the new KPM  on my labtop. After numerous emails with tech support, I followed the instruction to do a clean startup. Windows would not restart & I just spend 2 days reinstalling windows and all my software. KPM did install after reinstalling windows.

Yesterday, I was dumb enough to try and install KPM on one of my desktops and have the same issues.

1.       Start the KPM update & it appears to install.

2.        When you restart the PC, KPM appears not to start.

3.       Uninstalled KPM but now I cannot reinstall, receive a message to contact tech support.

This is exactly what happened on my laptop. Not sure if this important, but both PCs were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I am not going through a punch of trouble shooting! I have spent 2 days screwing around with a product that clearly has a problem! If within 30 days, new KPM software is not released to correct this issue, even with 590 days left on my license, I am removing all your products from all my PCs. The last time you released a new version of KPM, it also had issues. I am done trying to resolve Kaspersky’s problems. Stop releasing software that has not been fully tested.

Welcome. Did you try above procedure indicated by methe2018 ?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.