dunof

[PT localization] Kaspersky Secure Connection Ads! Please stop! [Off-topic has been moved elsewhere]

Hello!
I have a properly licensed version of KIS 2018 and a few days ago I started receiving an advertisement window to get Kaspersky Secure Connection. Personally I do not have the slightest need to use this Kaspersky application/service and I feel seriously invaded by receiving advertisements to purchase another program from a program I have already paid for. For me it's like an ADWARE.

I can not find an option to disable this advertisement on my computer and I'm looking for help because I believe Kaspersky would not put something like this on my computer without even giving me the option to disable it. I want to make it clear that if I can not solve this problem, I do not want to buy Kaspersky programs anymore, nor do I indicate them, because this is truly a lack of respect.

Thanks for listening! Awaiting return...

Welcome. Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Notifications >   uncheck items as you wish.

Any better after that? 

Disabling notifications is not working. I already tested it here.

4TL0wlX.png

Created an account just to post this.

It's unacceptable for me to receive ads inside a software I paid for. Unchecked everything in that page and I'm still getting those ads.

Where is the option to turn these off?

I'll throw this into the soup for what it's worth.

If I'm correct, when KIS2018 is installed, Kaspersky Secure Connection is also installed.  One of the first things I did was to uninstall KSC using Windows Control Panel.  I also have unchecked all the notification boxes as previously described.  I am not receiving any ads.  If you haven't uninstalled KSC, do so and see if that makes a difference.

I disabled notifications and removed KSC months ago when i installed KAV and i STILL get ads now and then.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:33 PM, GVOC said:

Disabling notifications is not working. I already tested it here.

4TL0wlX.png

Disable notifications for events and see if that helps, it shows its checked

Edited by plb4333

I myself will not disable notifications for events because:

1st: i find them important and don't want to miss them

2nd: the ads come in pop up windows and not the traditional card in the corner

3rd: i paid for KAV so i wouldn't have to be bothered by the ads the free version shows. Except for ads, kav and kaspersky free are (almost) identical. 

It seems i paid 30 bucks to have pretty much the same protection and experience that the free version offers. If that wasn't enough, i'm forced to lose a bit of my time to come here and complain.

Crippling the experience is not a fix.

I realize this, I only mentioned it because I wanted to see if Kaspersky was completely bypassing the options in this area. They're no doubt in the same file for notification types...

This is strange.

I have "News" and "Show information about special offers" notifications turned on but have not received a single ad since I started using KTS in 2016.

Also, I do not use KSC (uninstalled it after trying) because it fails to connect to the internet on all my computers.

I am using W10, latest version with updates current but with a local account only (no signing into a miocrosoft account).

I wonder if the settings in W10 have an effect on KTS settings.

I have all settings in W10 pertaining to privacy disabled.

otto r, the offers we receive are for KTS. You already have it so maybe they don't apply to you.

I am referring to offers for "KSC" not "KTS" beeing received as in the first post of this thread.

Since I uninstalled "KSC",  should I not be receiving offers for "KSC" because, my notification for such offers is enabled?

That is my point. 

My bad. I forgot OP's post. Was thinking about my own experience and GVOC's.

Hello nikkopt GVOC maikeandre,

Please clarify how often does the issue appear? What are the exact scenarios of the ad appearance?

Please craete requests to Tech support via my.kaspersky.com site. Tell me the requests numbers.

+ submit there a GSI report.

+ submit there the "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP1x.0.0\Data\ipm" folder in archive.

8 hours ago, Mefodys said:

Please clarify how often does the issue appear? What are the exact scenarios of the ad appearance?

Please craete requests to Tech support via my.kaspersky.com site. Tell me the requests numbers.

+ submit there the "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP1x.0.0\Data\ipm" folder in archive.

The offer appears randomly!

kaspersky.png

On 10/04/2018 at 6:49 AM, Mefodys said:

How often: not more than once a day for me.
When: random, some times when the pc boots, some times hours later.. 3 or 4 days ago it wasn't showing up, i thought it was fixed but i saw it again yesterday and today.

"+ submit there a GSI report."
Yeah, sorry. I'm going to pass on that. I just read the GSI user agreement and the amount of data it collects is more than i am willing to share for something so simple as a product ad showing up when it shouldn't. It's not like there's some kind of incompatibility with KAV and my system.
I don't know if this helps or not, but all the screenshots i've seen so far are showing the portuguese version of the product. I too am using the portuguese version as you can see in the pic. If you go to the portuguese sub-forum, you'll see other people complaining about the ads, something i haven't seen in other sub-forums for different languages.

Capturar.PNG

I am having exactly the same issue. It is really annoying, is there any way to fix it soon or give my money back ? Thanks.

image.png.88bc2233c2029be37664e426d04d59f7.png

image.png.78a8c70b1a5182813de7ac51d0a20396.png

I am too receiving this ad. It's inadmissible that it happens in a paid software. I suggest that, if they don't solve it fast, we should all sue them.

KIS ad.jpg

I am having exactly the same issue.

I came here in the forum to see someone know how to remove this, and I saw this topic, it's very annoying, I've turned notifications on and off several times to see if it works and keeps popping up.

Please fix this

1 hour ago, PedroCAP said:

I suggest that, if they don't solve it fast, we should all sue them.

Will you pay for the legal expenses for all of us?

Is there anyone from Kaspersky reading this thread ?

I'm pretty sure that Kaspersky will find a nice way to fix this. Either solving the problem or giving us a full refund.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.