Sign in to follow this  
TCBS

Re-assign Licence Keys in KSC

I need to remove a licence key from a specific machine and then apply a different key. I have tried simply running a task to assign the new key but it does not replace the old key.

I have tried deleting the PC from KSC but when I re-added it, it would not connect to the KSC. I had to uninstall both the client and the agent from the PC, reinstall them and then I could assign the correct key.

I need an easier way to do this as I will not be able to remove the software from an encrypted PC (to assign the new key) without first decrypting the disk.

Thanks.

Hi,

Цитата

I need to remove a licence key from a specific machine and then apply a different key. I have tried simply running a task to assign the new key but it does not replace the old key.

Could you please confirm that a key is not selected for automatic deployment?

Thank you!

There shouldn't be as I always have to apply one manually on fresh installs. Where is the option to set this just so I can confirm?

Thanks,

Andy

In that case you have to delete a host from the group and from unassigned computers to release the license.

After that you have to run a task to deploy a license to necessary PC and put previously deleted computer back to it`s group.

Deleting the PC from the Group and then from Unassigned Devices is not removing the licence key from the PC (windows 10 x64).

Thanks.

I have resolved this issue by removing the keys manually from the PC then assigning the correct key via KSC.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.