Allsoulsday

KIS 405(g) & Ads in youtube videos and popups in various websites.

I've suddenly got adverts in youtube videos and popups in various websites. It happened after I had the security issue which blocks firefox from loading websites (I had to untoggle and retoggle security.enterprize_roots.enabled true) Antibanner is *on* in my contrl panel. I had a million popup about creating exceptions perhaps I accidentally did but I can't find any. Any suggestions whats wrong.

FF 58.02 (64Bit)

KIS 2018 405(g)

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎22 at 2:12 AM, Allsoulsday said:

I've suddenly got adverts in youtube videos and popups in various websites. It happened after I had the security issue which blocks firefox from loading websites (I had to untoggle and retoggle security.enterprize_roots.enabled true) Antibanner is *on* in my contrl panel. I had a million popup about creating exceptions perhaps I accidentally did but I can't find any. Any suggestions whats wrong.

FF 58.02 (64Bit)

KIS 2018 405(g)

:rolleyes: To help you better, could you explain more about that - Unknown security issue

who send it Microsoft - KL- Google or Firefox.. Most of us use Ad-Block Plus

or uBlock in addition to Anti-Banner to keep Ads or any kind

of unwanted Popups out : Do you've-1 installed.?

On 24/02/2018 at 2:57 PM, Indio said:

:rolleyes: To help you better, could you explain more about that - Unknown security issue

who send it Microsoft - KL- Google or Firefox.. Most of us use Ad-Block Plus

or uBlock in addition to Anti-Banner to keep Ads or any kind

of unwanted Popups out : Do you've-1 installed.?

The original issue  with that workaround can be found:

I've nvr needed to run any add blocker on youtube and it worked fine until  last week. A 4-5 days after the issue it corrected itself and the add blocks worked fine again. Its just broken again though about 2 minutes ago. Interestingly this suggests another cause. My Firefox browser crashed. I reloaded it and adds in youtube/websites were back (KIS icon was grey). I thought a module might have crashed so I tried Rebooting the PC but it has not reblocked adds again.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.