splinterstan

Firewall Not Blocking like it should

I have a big problem with the firewall. It does not blocking the stuff it should do! E.g. There is a game I want to play offline (which has online elements) if I block it in the firewall the game still has internet access and is searching invinite long for servers. But if I disconnect my lan cabel the searching stop imidiatly. So it means that the game still understands that there is internet but has not the full access to it. Another example: I wanted to block chrome from internet, the fun thing every site was blocked but i could surf normaly on google and on youtube without any problem.

I am buying Kaspersky now for 4 years and I am extremly dissatisfied with it as it is now. I also hate about the firewall that I can only pick programms that already had been run. In the normal windows firewall I can just searxh the .exe and block it right away.

I need some help with this, I might just doing something very wrong in the first place.

^_^ May I comment on this.. 1) if you block the unknown game and still get

connected to the Web >>Perhaps the game makers have explanation on that 

2) Regarding to block - Chrome.?  Browsers are designed to help surf the web

3) Now with the firewall behaviour is by design and we can Not change it

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Indio:

^_^ May I comment on this.. 1) if you block the unknown game and still get

connected to the Web >>Perhaps the game makers have explanation on that 

2) Regarding to block - Chrome.?  Browsers are designed to help surf the web

3) Now with the firewall behaviour is by design and we can Not change it

Thanks for the reply.

1) Different games, I didn't want to bore anyone with it e.g. Dark Souls does have this online element. But I just want to play it formyself. And ALL EA and Ubisoft games, I highly dislike the companies and do think that my money is enough so they dont need me connected in an offline game (e.g. Far Cry thats where I saw the infinite connection the first time).

2) I blocked Chrome as a Test if my Firewall is working at all, because like I said before the games still do connect to the servers even if they are blocked.

SO I blocked Chrome for testing and discovered that even Chrome is not blocked by this firewall! Like I said before, I could still use google and youtube websites freely without any blocking! But all other sites have been blocked right away.

back to 1) I dont think that the game is the reason for the problem, I tried after that everything with this "Firewall" many other games, my browsers,  some other programms and everything with the same result: The firewall is not blocking many of those programms.

Maybe try it yourself, block briefly Chrome in your Firewall and see if you can surf at google and youtube, or is it just me.

Does Kaspersky have a support mail/ hotline? I spend ca. 300€ (in 4 years) on this program in and want to speak with someone who is invovled but the only help I get is this forum and a FAQ. 

Edited by splinterstan

@splintertan : Thx for quick reply and apologize if my answer wasn't too friendly

but we require in the forum, provide enough indormation like game names

File paths or URL's of any programs. Yes users can testing KTS components

on the settings, but when it comes to the changes in the firewall

is a delicate matter and I rather don't Mess around with it ^_^

if you want to dig deeply on this issues contact Klab Technical Support

Link :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c# 

Edited by Indio

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.