wharfedalehome

Failure to Update Google Chrome

My Kaspersky Total Security, otherwise brilliant software, is struggling to update some software.

I've had a notification that my Google Chrome needs updating (version 63.0.3239.132 > 64.0.3282.119)

Every time it tries to run an update, it fails with: FAILED TO UPDATE

When I try a manual update myself (ire: ask my Kaspersky to update it), it fails the same way.

It quite clearly needs updating and I get this error message several times a day - it's not going to go away!

Any ideas what I should do to fix this?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Tim

My Kaspersky Total Security, otherwise brilliant software, is struggling to update some software.

I've had a notification that my Google Chrome needs updating (version 63.0.3239.132 > 64.0.3282.119) - see screen dump below....

Every time it tries to run an update, it fails with: FAILED TO UPDATE

When I try a manual update myself (ie: ask my Kaspersky to update it), it fails the same way.

It quite clearly needs updating and I get this error message several times a day - it's not going to go away!

Any ideas what I should do to fix this?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Tim

image.png.84bbd7f8154dc18d8d8b7dd83189cdff.png