aseddon

Install failure due to network agent being patched

On 22/01/2018 at 4:04 PM, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Is it possible to provide a VM that can help us reproduce the issue?

Thanks!

Sorry the specific machine i am using is a physical server, and the rest are workstations so i don't have a VM

I would think it shoudl be easy to replicate this issue however at your end as it just requires the latest patched KSC and client with latest patched Network Agent and then just run the latest exe/msi installer for KES 10

Are we saying that after 1 month Kaspersky still can't help me install their latest version of the product, or create a new installer compatible with the latest KSC/NA patch?

Hello any update to this?

Over a month now and I still can't install the latest KES with the latest KSC/Network Agent Patch.

1 hour ago, aseddon said:

Over a month now and I still can't install the latest KES with the latest KSC/Network Agent Patch.

Hello,

as was said earlier developers cannot reproduce your scenario, unfortunately.

January, 22nd they asked image of the problem machine.

Is it possible to convert your physical machine to virtual one ?

Thank you.

Hi

Sorry but you didn't say you couldn't replicate it, only said it might help you (plus wouldnt you need the KSC to communicate with anyway?).

I don't have direct access to these devices, which is why i have issues with re-installing Network Agent, and don't currently have any tools to perform physical to virtual at present.

As this is a KSC built clean from the ground up in the last year on a clean new 2016 server so it is odd if you can't replicate it, have the GSI and other logs provided given any clue to the problem and possibility of other workarounds?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Is it possible to arrange a remote session ?

Thank you.

Hi

I've tried a VM on our corporate side in case that could be provided to you, however after setting up the testing conditions i could not replicate either, so definately an oddity with our newer server.

I am free next week, UK time:

Monday 5th, 9am -11am

Thursday 8th, 9am - 4pm

Friday 9th, 9am - 4pm

Thanks

On 02/02/2018 at 3:13 PM, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Is it possible to arrange a remote session ?

Thank you.

On 02/02/2018 at 4:17 PM, aseddon said:

Hi

I've tried a VM on our corporate side in case that could be provided to you, however after setting up the testing conditions i could not replicate either, so definately an oddity with our newer server.

I am free next week, UK time:

Monday 5th, 9am -11am

Thursday 8th, 9am - 4pm

Friday 9th, 9am - 4pm

Thanks

Hi any news on getting help to resolve?

currently next week, UK time:

Monday 12th, 9am-2pm

Tuesday 13th,  9am-1pm

Wednesday 14th, 2.30pm-5pm

Thursday 15th, 9am-5pm

On 02.02.2018 at 1:41 PM, aseddon said:

There are remnants (or an actual installation) of Network Agent 9 on the host during reproduction, whose product code is 786A9F7E-CFEC-451F-B3C4-22EB11550FD8.

Please run Cleaner with this code before attempting the installation.

Thank you.

image.png.0427788e3db3f45b198b1316927de447.png

Hurrah breakthrough!

Ok as we have 500+ machines to do i have adapted your recommendation as it'll only work for 1 machine - so i have downloaded cleaner.exe and ignored the statement ' cleaner.exe /pc {GUID} must only be run after the command cleaner.exe /uc '

I created an exe package in KSC using just the /pc as an argument

image.png.a99aded125e719bbe5fceaabdccbcb94.png

And deployed this, with generally successful looking results in the logs created in %windir%\temp on the target machine. In KSC the affected machine was active and contactable with 'Check device accessibility', so Network Agent 10.4.343 was not removed in this process ;)

Running the KES 10 install setup.exe locally on the affected machine resulted in the first installer screen not complaining about incompatibility - I cancelled the install at this point.

I then deployed KES10 from KSC and this successfuly installed remotely.

This now gives me a potential method for tackling the 499 other machines now - :lol:

So......

Is it possible for you to detail how we could find this product code on an affected machine in case we have this issue, but with other older versions?

Or, can you provide a list of other product codes?

As there will be a range of other 'old' network agents that may have left behind junk when Network Agent was upgraded over time

Thanks

image.png.0427788e3db3f45b198b1316927de447.png

Hurrah breakthrough!

Ok as we have 500+ machines to do i have adapted your recommendation as it'll only work for 1 machine - so i have downloaded cleaner.exe and ignored the statement ' cleaner.exe /pc {GUID} must only be run after the command cleaner.exe /uc '

I created an exe package in KSC using just the /pc as an argument

image.png.a99aded125e719bbe5fceaabdccbcb94.png

And deployed this, with generally successful looking results in the logs created in %windir%\temp on the target machine. In KSC the affected machine was active and contactable with 'Check device accessibility', so Network Agent 10.4.343 was not removed in this process ;)

Running the KES 10 install setup.exe locally on the affected machine resulted in the first installer screen not complaining about incompatibility - I cancelled the install at this point.

I then deployed KES10 from KSC and this successfuly installed remotely.

This now gives me a potential method for tackling the 499 other machines now - :lol:

So......

Is it possible for you to detail how we could find this product code on an affected machine in case we have this issue, but with other older versions?

Or, can you provide a list of other product codes?

As there will be a range of other 'old' network agents that may have left behind junk when Network Agent was upgraded over time

Thanks

Not sure what other product codes you imply. If you suspect that different software is preventing installation on another host, and the suggested method does not work, please provide a GSI report from it (and other diagnostic data as described above) as well. The likeliest scenario is that the same version of Network Agents had been installed across the network, and the issue is the same on most, if not all, hosts.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

The likeliest scenario is that the same version of Network Agents had been installed across the network, and the issue is the same on most, if not all, hosts.

yes agreed, some of these machine will have been around when we has Admin Centre 8 (and maybe even 6), and therefore would of had Network Agent 8

On 09/02/2018 at 12:47 PM, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

There are remnants (or an actual installation) of Network Agent 9 on the host during reproduction, whose product code is 786A9F7E-CFEC-451F-B3C4-22EB11550FD8.

so is there a product code to identify Network Agent 8 too that we can have too?

thanks

yes agreed, some of these machine will have been around when we has Admin Centre 8 (and maybe even 6), and therefore would of had Network Agent 8

so is there a product code to identify Network Agent 8 too that we can have too?

thanks

Administration Kit 6 and 8 have their own removal procedures. Please follow this article for Network Agent 6.0, and another for Network Agent 8.0. Due to the life cycle of these products having ended a long time ago, the current cleaner has not been tested with them, and is not guaranteed to work.

Thank you.

Hi Kirill

I think you've misunderstood what i was saying, we don't have Admin Kit 6, 8 or 9 today so don't need uninstall methods for it, or cleaner to work on them.

All clients have always upgraded Network Agent via deployment from the management server - so when you identified that our affected machine still had bits of Network Agent 9 left behind, this is due to the upgrade process leaving it behind.

I'm suggesting that its possible bits of Network Agent 8 and maybe Network Agent 6 could also have done the same thing and left stuff behind to trip new KES installs up, so all i would need is the Product Code of v6 and v8 and i can run cleaner against those product codes should I need to (rather than spending a month to generate logs and pass data back and forth with the Devs)

Hope that makes sense, as i say all i am after is the Product Codes and not any compatibility with old products.

Thanks

Hi

As suspected i have come across more machines which have the original problem but which are not fixed by the method above, primarily this is because that have Network Agent 8 elements left over on the machine (left behind by the standard Network Agent/KSC upgrade process)

Therefore I'm sure i can use the above fix if you give me the Product Code for Network Agent 8 (8.0.2090.0)

Thanks

Hi

As suspected i have come across more machines which have the original problem but which are not fixed by the method above, primarily this is because that have Network Agent 8 elements left over on the machine (left behind by the standard Network Agent/KSC upgrade process)

Therefore I'm sure i can use the above fix if you give me the Product Code for Network Agent 8 (8.0.2090.0)

Thanks

Unfortunately, such codes are not readily available from support, especially due to the fact that the support for corresponding versions has ended. It will require creating another issue for the hosts where the issue is not resolved by the provided fix, and all the corresponding diagnostic data.

Thank you.

ok thanks Kirill, if i get a chance to grab some GSI info i'll do it - the ones i looked at actually did only have v8 network agent and failed to upgrade to v10 so wasn't what i thought above - i'll work through these upgrade failures myself and raise seperately if i need help

thanks

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.