rchelm

Windows Defender msascuil.exe running in services.

I've been using KIS for three years now and am quite satisfied.  I noticed in services info there is a  windows Defender program running at start up.  It's called msascuil.exe and I've read that it's a windows defender anti-spyware program.  Should this be running?  I've turned off everything else associated with windows defender.  I didn't think it was a good idea to run two different spyware programs at the same time.  Any feedback would be much appreciated. TIA

:rolleyes: Welcome to rchelm

Regarding the appearance of WD = Windows Defender on the [ Services column ] of Task Manager : I'd say that's

Normal is shown in my Windows 8.1 too.. but is displayed just as "Windows Defender" and not

as <msascuil.exe> but is [ Stopped ] in the Status column

See screenshot >>Perhaps you've Windows 10 installed. Anyway if you Turned off everything related to WD

and When you >>click the white Flag icon on lower- Desktop corner >>open Action Center >>click on

Security and if the : Network firewall - Virus Protection and spyware Protection >>Appears

Turned On and Protected by Kaspersky there's nothing to worry about. The WDefender is

Enabled automatically, when a user Uninstall the Kaspersky antivirus..Hope this helps

Capture.PNG

Edited by Indio

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.