rchelm

Protected Browser doesn't seem to work with ms Edge. [merged]

The protected browser seems to work fine with ms IE 11.  But it doesn't seem to work with ms Edge.  Am I missing something or am correct in assuming that it isn't compatible in Edge?

Compatibility with Edge will be implemented in the near future.

Thanks for the update Berny.  Do you have any idea how 'near' we are to it?   PS  I noticed  the Arthur Conan Doyle  reference under your name.  I'm a big ACD fan.  I've got his complete works of Sherlock Holmes.  I still read it from time to time.

You are welcome... Version 2019 will support Edge but maybe that this option could be provided with a Patch under version 2018.

Thanks so much.  I can live with that.  If I need to, I can switch browsers to use protected browser.  It does work fine with ie11.  Microsoft always seems to make things more difficult.

2018 version with patch E can not open protected broswer though Edge under Fall Creators Update.

But looks like it indeed support lower version of windows10.  Fall Creators Update may be too NEW to kaspersky that they actually do not extend safe moeny support to new OS...

You can try IE or Chrome. New version of firefox also a good broswer. Safe money can protect them.

thank you xzz123.  As I said in my earlier post,  I have ie11 and it works fine.  When I open safe money from desktop, it opens the selected item in ie11.  But sometimes I'm in edge and I want to purchase something with PayPal,  it will open in PayPal in ie11.  But it can't finish the transaction because it won't go back to edge.  I need to be able to pay for things in edge.

5 hours ago, rchelm said:

I need to be able to pay for things in edge

you can not do that because now kaspersky do not have safe money support for edge right now. 

If you want to use safe money, start transaction in another broswer. 

If you really love Edge, disable safe money function in kaspersky function.

As far as I can see there is not better option.

I'm using Microsoft Edge & Kaspersky Internet Security on Windows 10. However protected browser opens in Internet Explorer which is an outdated browser.
Appreciate if you can develop it to open in Edge.
This is working in Firefox & Chrome which I'm reluctant use due to better performance in Edge.

18 minutes ago, Upul Fernando said:

I'm using Microsoft Edge & Kaspersky Internet Security on Windows 10. However protected browser opens in Internet Explorer which is an outdated browser.
Appreciate if you can develop it to open in Edge.
This is working in Firefox & Chrome which I'm reluctant use due to better performance in Edge.

Check this - Link : https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/384027-protected-browser-doesn't-seem-to-work-with-ms-edge

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.