Mary Taggart

vunerability scan it is showing 4 zip file, after download new version. [merged with redux]

Hi

On vunerability scan it is showing 4 zip file vunerability and to down load new version. l have done this but it still shows 4 vulnerabilities. Can any one help please. Make it simple as l am old and not very computer savvy.

Please do not regard my suggestion as in any way an alternative to Berny so do what Berny has suggested but when updating, could it be that some old ZIP files are still there. The vulnerability report will usually tell you which files it has identified as vulnerable. This a common issue with Chrome updates and usually shows up as old_chrome.exe - just as an example. Until the offending file is deleted the scan will continue to show Chrome in this instance as a vulnerability even though you have the latest safe version

mikethebike 

Hello

I have 4 vulnerabilities according to my scan. 

This is the message:

7-Zip Console C:\Program Files(86)InstallShield Installation Information\{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-27...

"                                                                      \{AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8...

"                                                                      \{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2D...

"                                                                        \{32C8E300-BDB4-4398-92C2-E9

As I am not very computer savvy is it harmful to just leave it.  Kaspersky said to update 7-Zip which l did, but message still there. l have since uninstalled new version as l do not use zip file.

Thankyou for your help.

Edited by marytaggart@talktalk.net
thought l has missed something

You should try to clean all 7-ZIP entries in your registry.

Also, don’t delete the InstallShield folder.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, Bonnie Lynne said:

Hi - Thanks for this post from a few months ago. Surprisingly, here I am with same issue on Dec 3, 2017. I've done many vulnerability scans with Kaspersky since June and none have shown up before now. Suddenly, 3 days ago the issue cited above shows up with 4 7-Zip console vulnerabilities!! When I start to replace it with a newer version as suggested by Kaspersky and by you above, Windows Defender shows a warning. I just want an assurance that I can ignore Defender. Operating system is Windows 10.

Co-incidently, 3 days ago I watched a video uploaded by one of the people on this thread to dailymotion.com - could this be the reason that Kaspersky found this now???? Wow, if so! 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, marytaggart@talktalk.net said:

Hi

On vunerability scan it is showing 4 zip file vunerability and to down load new version. l have done this but it still shows 4 vulnerabilities. Can any one help please. Make it simple as l am old and not very computer savvy.

1 hour ago, Mary Taggart said:

Please can you tell me how to clean all 7-zip files in registry?

Hello,

What about the folder content "C:\Program Files(86)InstallShield Installation Information\{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-27...". I need to know what files in this folder. Could you take a screenshot to it?

Regards.

Also and in addition to Wesly.Zhang  can you please check this :

> Click on the Windows magnifier (right from the Windows Logo) > Type "REGEDIT" to open the Register Editor.
> Go to : Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE
> ? Please check under SOFTWARE if you can locate a "7-ZIP" folder ?

It looks like  above mentioned keys {E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-27...} are harmless orphan "add/remove"  entries related to your uninstalled 7-ZIP application.
Please be aware that making changes in your Registry can cause problems on your PC, therefore please come back before you proceed with any further steps.

12 minutes ago, Mary Taggart said:

Hi Bernie

I have looked under ZHKEY_CURRENT_-USER then clicked on software. There is a folder named 7 ZIP in there.

Thanks

Hello,

GO to these folder

C:\Program Files(86)InstallShield Installation Information\{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-27...

"                                                                      \{AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8...

"                                                                      \{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2D...

"                                                                        \{32C8E300-BDB4-4398-92C2-E9

to search that are there have setup.exe in these folders? If yes, run it and execute the uninstall process. I don't know the content of these folders. So I guess the setup.exe should exist in every "{xxxxxxxxxxx}" folder. If no, Please tell me whether it has a/some exe files or not.

Regards.

Can you please try this :
> Delete all registry entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ SOFTWARE\7-zip\
> Locate and delete folder C:\Program Files\7-zip
> Kaspersky > Settings > Additonal > Reports & Quarantine > Clear Reports
> Reboot 
> Scan

30 minutes ago, Mary Taggart said:

Hi Bernie

I have looked under ZHKEY_CURRENT_-USER then clicked on software. There is a folder named 7 ZIP in there.

Thanks

Add a little: You should full uninstall 7-zip every build version, just @Berny have noticed you " "add/remove"  entries related to your uninstalled 7-ZIP application in windows system Control Panel".

I think you have installed serval 7-zip builds ago and the installation package use InstallShield. I check 7-zip offical website download source, No installation package use installshield to install itself. Intersting...

{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-2

{AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8

{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2D 

{32C8E300-BDB4-4398-92C2-E9

These folders store 7 zip installation log and uninstall database and information. Go to these folder could find uninstall program, Don't hesitate to run it and to see its behavior. YOUR target is uninstall 7-zip.

When you run uninstallation programe in everyone folder and uninstallation process finished succesfully. Reboot your PC and re-run vunerability scan in KIS. If this issue has gone,  you can install 7 zip latest build 16.04.

Regards.

HI Bernie,

It looks like l spoke to soon after a scan today they are back again. Do you think it will be ok just to leave them.

Mary

26 minutes ago, Mary Taggart said:

HI Bernie,

It looks like l spoke to soon after a scan today they are back again. Do you think it will be ok just to leave them.

Mary

Hello,

2017-12-14_223225.png

{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-2 - I don't know what item is related to it. Copy this path to Address bar and Go to there using Enter keyboard key and try to find "E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-2xxxxxxxxxxxxx..." folder. and enter into it. Run setup.exe  to uninstall it.

{AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8 - I don't know what item is related to it. Copy this path to Address bar and Go to there using Enter keyboard key and try to find "AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8xxxxxxxxxxx..." folder. and enter into it. Run setup.exe  to uninstall it.

{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2D - this item is related to CyberLink PhotoDirector (HKLM-x32\.\InstallShield_{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2DDEC4E70E01}) (Version: 5.0.5.6713 - CyberLink Corp. Copy this path to Run and execute it. C:\Program Files\installshield installation information\{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2DDEC4E70E01}\setup.exe, run this setup.exe to uninstall it.

{32C8E300-BDB4-4398-92C2-E9 - this item is related to 7 zip. Copy this path to Run and execute it. C:\Program Files\installshield installation information\{32c8e300-bdb4-4398-92c2-e9b7d8a233db}\setup.exe, run this setup.exe to uninstall it.

Regards.

Hello Wesly

I am very sorry but l don't think l can understand the instructions (l am not computer savvy).

l have clicked into libraries and entered C:\Program Files\ installshield installation information, but my computer tells me: You will need a new app to open this libraries. Look for an app in store.

l have done that but don't understand what is in the apps store. Thank you for trying to help me. Will it be ok just to leave it as it is? Thankyou.

8 hours ago, Mary Taggart said:

Hello Wesly

I am very sorry but l don't think l can understand the instructions (l am not computer savvy).

l have clicked into libraries and entered C:\Program Files\ installshield installation information, but my computer tells me: You will need a new app to open this libraries. Look for an app in store.

l have done that but don't understand what is in the apps store. Thank you for trying to help me. Will it be ok just to leave it as it is? Thankyou.

Sorry. I provided a wrong path to you. the correct path is C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ , Copy this path and paste it to the address bar,  then press "Enter" keyboard key to go there.Just like this.

2017-12-15_092152.png

Notice: InstallShield Installation Information folder is a hidden folder.

Please GO INTO the related folder and run "setup.exe" program files. When the installation wizard starts, you should choose uninstall or remove (not repair) the product in order to full uninstall the vulnerability program.

The related folder are 

{E1646825-D-391-42AO-93AA-2

{AGCEDD6E-4792-493e-BB35-D8

{5A454EC5-217A-42a5-8CE1-2D 

{32C8E300-BDB4-4398-92C2-E9

I think the folder name is incomplete. So you'd better check the vulnerability full file path detected by kaspersky product.

This is the case.

2017-12-15_092544.png

Regards.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:36 AM, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hello wesly

I think l have done what you asked(but not sure). l found some files relating to 7-zip files and l have deleted them. l am now waiting for a vunerability scan to run tomorrow and see what it says. Thanks

Edited by richbuff
I moved your content from within the quotebox, to your reply box.

Hello Wesly

It looks like it has worked!!. Great.

Thank you very much for your patience and time, you are very kind. Thanks again (you have made an old lady very happy.)

Mary

17 hours ago, Mary Taggart said:

Hello Wesly

It looks like it has worked!!. Great.

Thank you very much for your patience and time, you are very kind. Thanks again (you have made an old lady very happy.)

Mary

You are welcome.:D

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.