rchelm

paypal in a protected browser does not finish the transaction.

When I purchase something on the internet,  I prefer to use PayPal than giving out my bank or credit card info.  A couple of times lately, I've came across a situation where I click on PayPal as my choice of payment and it takes me to PayPal in a protected browser.   I log in, PayPal gets the transaction info, okays the transaction and then says that they're sending back to the original website to finish the transaction.  The only problem is that it never gets back. It just sits there.  I end up closing out the protected browser and finalizing the transaction on the original site with my credit card.  I'm not sure who's at fault,  PayPal, safe money or the original site.  Is anybody else experiencing this problem and is there a fix.  

When I purchase something on the internet,  I prefer to use PayPal than giving out my bank or credit card info.  A couple of times lately, I've came across a situation where I click on PayPal as my choice of payment and it takes me to PayPal in a protected browser.   I log in, PayPal gets the transaction info, okays the transaction and then says that they're sending back to the original website to finish the transaction.  The only problem is that it never gets back. It just sits there.  I end up closing out the protected browser and finalizing the transaction on the original site with my credit card.  I'm not sure who's at fault,  PayPal, safe money or the original site.  Is anybody else experiencing this problem and is there a fix.  

Welcome :  I've an experience to share, when I used PayPal. Not issues with the transaction

but years before purchased  the Premium versions of AVG and McAfee antivirus

but after 6-Months I received an Email from PayPal, were asking Me 

to Reset my username +Password to secure transactions

I made a research and find out it was a Fake PayPal email. It was a phishing website

trying to get My financial info : Since then I purchased a Pre-paid credit card

with money Mart to purchase software and renewals online  B)

My problem seems to happen with Microsoft edge browser.  It seems to work fine until it tries to go back to the web site to finalize the transaction.  I think Microsoft's attempt to streamline a browser has caused the problem.  Extensions have to be approved through their store.  They have a Kaspersky extension there, but it only goes up to KIS 2014.  I'm going to try it anyway and see if it helps.  If not I'll go back to IE.

Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Welcome.  Please install the current KTS 19.0.0.1088. Instructions and download are linked in the first pinned topic. Update databases > reboot after install the new version.

Any better with the current version?

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

It seems to have been taken care of.  I think I downloaded a patch or something.  Not sure but I'm having no problems with PayPal within any browser.  But thanks to everyone for the input.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.