inv15

Developer issues

Hi.

I'm maintaining VB6 applications and i'm facing an issue where if i compile a new program, most of the time KES is detecting it as a "HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic". Opening KES and re-scanning the EXE, it passes as OK but trying to execute it, i get an Access Denied. The program is a few lines nad it's completely safe, it just uses an external COM control.

I wouldn't like to have to submit the EXE to Kaspersky for approval  or something. Apart from excluding the whole folder from scanning (which i don't consider to be safe), is there anything else i could do?

Win7SP1x64

KES 10.3.0.6294 AES256

Hi Nikolay,

So in order to be sure i understand correctly, this means that if a virus somehow affects a "Trusted" exe, it will be allowed to perform whatever it wants, or it will just NOT be scanned by the Heuristics algorithm?

Well, i followed this procedure:

- Disabled file anti-virus.

- added the program parent folder (with subfolders) in "scan exclusions and trusted applications / scan exclusions".

- added the program itself in "scan exclusions and trusted applications / scan exclusions".

- added the program itself in "scan exclusions and trusted applications / trusted applications".

- Re-enabled file anti-virus (i disabled it at first because KES wouldn't let me select it in order to add it to exclusions!).

KES is still blocking it! I can't imagine what KES finds and decides to block this program. It's a 28K exe, should i sent it for examination? I can send it along with the source code (less than 100 lines - blanks counted!) and an external dll it uses.

Edited by inv15
corrections

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.