• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
hafizknow

More understanding of new features

Hi,

I have one question regarding on newly added features. It is about  "anti-virus and anti-phishing protection of email traffic using an Microsoft Outlook extension". How this new features works and how this new features can protect our servers? Let say our production server is not using a Microsoft Outlook and there is no client email application that install in my production server, how this features can protect my production servers? What i mean is, can elaborate to me for my better understanding in order to use this features. 

HafizKnow, hi!

You need to install the Microsoft Outlook software and our Outlook plugin to use antivirus and antipshishing functionality.

Without Outlook you can't use protection functionality. Mainly we targeted to use this functionality on the terminal servers, where the Microsoft Outlook application was installed.

Can you tell me please, you use webmail in your organization or you use another mail application (not web version)?

Edited by Pavel Nosovsky

Hi Pavel,

Let says we dont have any terminal servers in our environment. We only have AD Servers, File Servers, Mail servers, and Web servers in our production. For Mail Servers, we use an exchange servers as our main mail communication. If we install this KSWS, is it the functionality will work? 

On 21.11.2017 at 7:15 AM, hafizknow said:

Hi,

I have one question regarding on newly added features. It is about  "anti-virus and anti-phishing protection of email traffic using an Microsoft Outlook extension". How this new features works and how this new features can protect our servers? Let say our production server is not using a Microsoft Outlook and there is no client email application that install in my production server, how this features can protect my production servers? What i mean is, can elaborate to me for my better understanding in order to use this features. 

Hello.

The Outlook plugin functionality will only work if you use Outlook, predictably. This does not mean your server will not be protected then, but malicious objects will be scanned on access by resident protection of KSWS, rather that on the fly (during delivery) inside Outlook.

KSWS does not offer Exchange server protection (KL has a dedicated solution for that), but it can be installed on a host where an Exchange server is installed, and will protect its filesystem and memory.

Thank you.