Gniblett

Safe Money not giving full protection after W10 Fall Creators Update

Hi, I am using KIS 17.0.0.611(h) on a 64 bit Windows 10 Home machine, which has just updated to version 1709 (The Fall creators Update)

Safe Money worked perfectly on the previous version of Windows 10 (1703) but since this latest update from Microsoft, Safe Money launches with an orange border and a warning message 

KIS is not providing complete protection for your data. Driver protection against screenshots is disabled.

I did note when the Fall Creators Update finished installing there was a warning message headed Kaspersky Internet Security, which read

Windows 10 adaptation completed successfully. There may be some feature limitations when running on Windows 10

Checking the compatibility of KIS with Windows 10 I see that "KIS 2017 with patch H installed fully supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone 1), Creators Update (Redstone 2) and Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3)

I do have patch h installed on KIS 2017 so am a bit concerned by this shortfall in protection in Safe Money.

I have checked the KIS  > Settings > Protection > Safe Money  and Block capturing screenshots in  Protected Browser IS selected.

Also checked in Windows Task Manager > Google Chrome > Performance Tab and Virtualization IS enabled.

Is there a known issue with Safe Money in KIS 2017 and the Fall Creators Update which is yet to be sorted in a future update of KIS?                                                                                                                         

Welcome to Gniblett

:rolleyes: This malfunction it has been reported-Endless times..Here're some fixes to apply

1) Kaspersky support solutions - Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/11947

2) Update to KIS -2018: Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018

3) If not fixed contact Tech Support :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Edited by Indio

Thanks Indio 

Option 2 looks like the answer for me as don't connect wirelessly, but will have to face that another day now. I have a two year licence for KIS=2017, about a year remaining, so assume I can use that to activate KIS=2018 and Hopefully 2018 has no issues with 64bit Windows 10 Fall Creators Update  :rolleyes:

This warning is on the downloads page with regards to Safe Money on 64 bit Windows 10 machines, does this mean that there is no protection against screenshots in KIS=2018?

Protection against screenshots

Kaspersky Total Security 2018 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 do not provide protection against screenshots on 64-bit Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 if the On-Screen Keyboard is open, but Safe Browser is not running.

Hypervisor-powered protection against screenshots is not available on 64-bit Windows 8/8.1/10 if:

• A third-party hypervisor, such as VMware™, is running. 
    While a third-party hypervisor is not running, protection against screenshots is available.
  • Your CPU does not support hardware virtualization. 
    You can find out whether your CPU supports hardware virtualization in your computer’s technical documentation or on the manufacturer's site.
Edited by Gniblett

Thx for quick response @Gniblett

You're right on the money the option -1: It has been tried lot of times by Klab users

without success, so Go for with the KIS-2018 installation of kis-2018

Would help after Uninstall KIS-2018 a complete Clean up of Cache browsers & carry out a 

-- %Temp% -- Use this tool :  https://support.kaspersky.com/general/windows/1161 

Reboot after the Clean up and installation of kis 2018: Also perform the Manual update

Note:  When Uninstall Kis 2017 the wizard will ask - To Save registration Data

if answer Yes >> Kaspersky won't ask to Enter the code, but will request

to Log In the "my.kaspersky account" Keep us updated  B)

Edited by Indio

Have posed another topic as can't seem to find the full version of KIS 2018 to download as an upgrade .... :unsure:

56 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

56 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

can't seem to find the full version of KIS 2018 to download as an upgrade ..

KIS = Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 :  Download-Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018

Please read out my first reply above and perform all the PC - System clean up + Manual update

and restart computer after the Cleaning. I provided the "KIS -2018" Link above it didn't work..? ;)

Edited by Indio

Just now, Gniblett said:

ahhh my mistake, I was checking the Forum post that I have used before to download from :blink:

:) Noo a problem as stated above to Be safe - Perform the Clean up of the computer

before proceed with the --Download + Installation-- any issues reported

mmm its the same sized file as the one I had downloaded from the Forum post, which suggests you have to be online to actually download the full program, so when can I safely uninstall KIS 2017 as don't want to go online without protection. :o

11 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

mmm its the same sized file as the one I had downloaded from the Forum post, which suggests you have to be online to actually download the full program, so when can I safely uninstall KIS 2017 as don't want to go online without protection. :o

No worries you still protected for the --Security features-- of your

default browser..Go ahead and install the new version Ya! :(

13 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

You mean uninstall KIS 2017 then connect to the internet :o

Yes! right click the "Start icon" on left bottom corner >>From options displayed

select >>Control panel >>Find and click --Programs and Features-- >>From the

programs list find "Kaspersky 2017" >>right click on it >>click  - Uninstall

the Windows uninstaller will remove KIS-2017: Close the screen

Next Goto this post and click on the - Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018

and follow instructions to finish the install...if still no Goo post back

Edited by Indio

That was heart in the mouth stuff deleting 2017 THEN downloading / installing 2018

It all went smoothly thank goodness. Safe Money now has the green border back yay!! and KIS-2018 is performing a full scan. I now need a drink!!! :lol:

Thanks for your quick responses to my questions Indio appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Gniblett said:

That was heart in the mouth stuff deleting 2017 THEN downloading / installing 2018

It all went smoothly thank goodness. Safe Money now has the green border back yay!! and KIS-2018 is performing a full scan. I now need a drink!!! :lol:

Thanks for your quick responses to my questions Indio appreciated.

:wub:  Kudos..!  For finished the kis 2018 successfully - Oops! carry out a Full scan

what about the Manual update, don't forget : Glad the infamous Safe$$  is

working fine and Schedule the [(Quick scan-Daily) Full scan weekly)] and

the "Vulnerability scan - Monthly" Any other Qstns send them

Edited by Indio

Have manually updated the databases then it did another one itself :rolleyes:

Pleasantly surprised how quickly it installed. 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.