beemd

"Update package is not available" error in detailed update report.

HI PLS HELP I tried everything your site adviced in trying to fix update problems but it still wont update... im really getting fustrated my kaspersky is just 3months and this happens.... am i the only one with this problem or alot of costumers have this problem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit//

Please check your detailed Update report.

If the report says "No update packages available", then the issue is on the server side and the issue will be resolved soon.

If your detailed Update Report does Not contain this error, then there is another issue. If that is your situation, please see the instructions below:

How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok? Is your internet connection metered?
Have you waited 15 minutes after system boot up to see if the update will occur?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > uncheck Disable scheduled tasks.

Are you in Gaming Profile?   Kaspersky Settings > Performance > uncheck Automatically disable some functionality when in full screen mode.

Is your Kaspersky license expiring in a few days?

If your license is a managed subscription, please click  Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window,
then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.
Enable Log Non Critical Events: Settings > Additional > Reports and quarantine > check Log Non-critical events. Then do an update.
Main  Kaspersky window, lower center, More Tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,  
select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >
Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Disable Log Non Critical Events when done.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Edited by richbuff
Add additional instructions.

No Beemd, you are not alone. I've been trying to update Kaspersky on and off for the past few hours and still no luck.

Same problem here, suddenly on all of my systems I do not get updates anymore since today. Last update is from yesterday morning. Start to get worried, actually. Kaspersky, what's going on??? Actually I start to get warnings now that my database and program is out of date. Doesn't sound good and very unsafe. :-(((

Edited by RonNL

1 hour ago, beemd said:

I tried everything your site adviced in trying to fix update problems but it still wont update

Welcome : if you've tried everything : Uninstall-Reinstall the KIS program fix lot of bugs, so although

don't mention which KIS version is that..? but if you've ver.  2016 -17 -2018 >>Proceed to

Uninstall them and Install KIS-2018 - From this link : https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018

Kaspersky recommends perform a Manual update & Full scan after installed..G. Luck

To all other members >>Graham D : Ric Bam and Ron NL ++Others : Proceed first to troubleshoot

the issue using this weblink:  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018/error  : Open the link

and click the Line referred to Updates..if Not fixed Uninstall-Reinstall the program

using the KIS-2018 link >>provided above this post and report results B)

Edited by Indio

Hi all

yes same here. I uninstalled Kaspersky and installed again, an orange window with an outdated database warning has disappeared but the database release date is still old and there is probably a problem somewhere :(

kas_free.jpg

Problem persist here not looks like an individual problem probably a update server problem..not downloading updates

Edited by Hartha

'Database Update' fails to get past 20% progress.  I'm running KIS 17.0.0.611 (Patch h).  It updated perfectly yesterday to "11/6/2017 6:45 AM", and I cannot remember a time over more than 12 MONTHS where KIS 2017 has ever needed more than a second attempt to Update.

I agree with Hartha - with the number of users posting here, the Update problem looks beyond isolated.  Suspect either a KIS Update Server glitch or some new Update incompatibility with the older KIS 2017 (?)  Recommend that new posters list their KIS version having Update problems to get an idea how widespread this is.

Same problems here even after attempting everything as recommended by Indio above. Guess only time will tell whether it gets sorted or not. :-(

Edit: removed the 2017 version installing 18.0.0.405(d)

Edited by AlanI

36 minutes ago, AlanI said:

Same problems here even after attempting everything as recommended by Indio above. Guess only time will tell whether it gets sorted or not. :-(

Edit: removed the 2017 version installing 18.0.0.405(d)

Thanks for your update, Alanl.  With even a virgin KIS install to 2018 NOT Updating, it smells like a very broad KIS Update Server failure!

I hope what ANGEIDRAGON posted above is carried out ASAP.

Edited by Lovshak

Same update problem on all my machines including Apple OS/X  -- cannot read Russian (Wife Overseas and not available) but can only assume that Kaspersky's update servers are having problems (trying to be polite)!  If it continues for days then I will consider other actions.

Please check your detailed Update report.

If the report says "No update packages available", then the issue is on the server side and the issue will be resolved soon.

If your detailed Update Report does Not contain this error, then there is another issue. If that is your situation, please see the instructions below:

How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok? Is your internet connection metered?
Have you waited 15 minutes after system boot up to see if the update will occur?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > uncheck Disable scheduled tasks.

Are you in Gaming Profile?   Kaspersky Settings > Performance > uncheck Automatically disable some functionality when in full screen mode.

Is your Kaspersky license expiring in a few days?

If your license is a managed subscription, please click  Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window,
then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.
Enable Log Non Critical Events: Settings > Additional > Reports and quarantine > check Log Non-critical events. Then do an update.
Main  Kaspersky window, lower center, More Tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,  
select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >
Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Disable Log Non Critical Events when done.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

first of all, sorry for my english, it's not my main language.

I have been using KIS for 2 years and I have never had this problem, I made all the solutions provided by kasperky's support on their website to solve the update problem, but the issue is still here.

And this is a tweet form Kaspersky Support on twitter  https://twitter.com/kl_support/status/927898198479441921

So the issue comes from Kasperky. So we need to wait.

Edited by Drozt

Just a heads up for everyone. I am in the U.S. and there is currently a major outage with Level 3, a major ISP. Areas affected include large areas of both the East and West coast. Not sure if this is related, just thought everyone should know.

UPDATE-Level 3 now reports problem resolved.

Edited by crad
Update

Hello,

I was having a problem earlier with no update packages available. Now back to normal, and is doing automatic updates. For those still having problems try a manual update.

Regards

Hi i'm having problems updating the database,all i get is this below.

2017-11-07 18.17.49.jpg

Any help would be great

Edited by voyagerxp

I contacted Kaspersky support. The problem is known and at their side. As and end user there is NOTHING you can do about it, just wait. They are working on it. So I’ll wait. Uninstalling/reinstalling is completely useless btw. And brings the risk that you will end up with an even older database. Advice: don’t touch it, when the server side is repaired stuff will start working again.

greetings,

Ron.

voyagerxp - you are not alone. It smells like a very broad KIS Update Server problem, first reported by beemd, about 4 hours ago.  The link just posted above by Drozt is where you want to go for more info. I would appreciate it if someone in authority at Kaspersky can report progress in correcting this problem.