I have the rootkit scan selected to run in Settings > Performance.  For the last 4-days, it seems the scan starts and then immediately stops.  Detailed Reports show the scan running for "0" seconds then "Cancelled" although I am not doing that.

59ce43a3a2712_RootkitScan.thumb.JPG.edbd18e6bba0c1d1e377bbba27c53336.JPG

Any settings changes? Any games/full screen mode happening? 

If this issue is not readily resolvable, Trace file analysis may be needed. 

No changes to any settings.  Not a gamer, so nothing happening in that regard.  The rootkit scan hasn't started yet today so let's see what happens when it does run.  I'll post back and we can take the next step if necessary.

Thanks, Dave...

Edited by dh27564

No change.  Scan says it starts and then stops immediately with "0" seconds duration and "Cancelled" displayed.

This happened to me once after a corrupt download of one of KIS's components. 

What I did was turned off Rootkit Scan, rebooted and turned Rootkit Scan back on and restarted again.  Wait 30 minutes and see if it Rootkit starts.  Not sure if this method will work for you, but its worth a shot.  If not, I would try a reinstall.

The "off - Reboot - On" suggestion looks like it worked.  One rootkit scan completed a few hours ago.  Thank you for responding!