jstander

Kaspersky Endpoint 10 - Block all attachment types, except needed ones.

I want to block ALL email attachment types with Kaspersky Endpoint 10.

I only want to allow for example:   

*.jpg , *.xls , *.doc , *.pdf ,

Why cant Kaspersky delete all attachments and only allow the ones specified ?.

Why must i manually add a thousand dangerous attachment types to the list and tick them for deletion ?

Cant i BLOCK *.* types and ALLOW only wanted types *.jpg , *.xls , *.doc , *.pdf ...............?

This means any new file types will not be in the list for deletion by "Mail Antivirus - Attachment Filtering" if you dont know about them to manually add them.

Please help.

ScreenShot184.jpg

Hi,

KES works correctly according to your settings, which clearly states that any file with any extension should be deleted.

You have to specify all extensions which should be blocked manually.

Thank you!

I think the original poster is in fact requesting the reverse logic to be available, i.e. another option that says 'allow the following attachment types'   - i think this would be a usefull option. 

Yes thank you uk-heliman, that is exactly what i mean.

It should delete/blacklist/rename all attachment types...except the ones in the White/Allow list, only ALLOW for example:  *.pdf , *.jpg , *.xlsx , *.docx  ...that way "new" dangerous attachment types that the user doesn't know of, will also be blocked by default.

Only allow what you have in the ALLOW list.....without having to add hundreds of unknown file extension types.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.