• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.

wgcuser   

When I plug my Cruzer Edge pen drive into the USB slot I notice that KIS 18.0.0.405(c) does not automatically scan the drive.

Also, looking at Scan > External Device Scan, KIS displays a message "No external devices Connected to the Computer are detected".

Which is a bit strange because Windows 10 pro (32 Bit v1607) File Explorer detects and lists a CRUZER_EDGE (F:)! 

Is there a setting in Windows or KIS that needs attention?

dh27564   

When  you connect an external device with more than 64 GB of storage space, Kaspersky Internet Security does not scan it and does not prompt you for any actions to take on the connected device

You can still scan the device by going to Scan > Selective Scan > Add

wgcuser   

Thanks dh27564,

You're correct I can scan by doing a selective scan and I guess that's probably less intrusive than KIS kicking in the moment the USB gets a whiff of the Cruzer.

It's just all these years of seeing KIS startup, then to see no scan also not even detect the drive! 

BTW This Cruzer appears to be 16GB capacity (FAT 32)

dh27564   

Check Settings > Scan > Scan External Devices on Connection

Scan.JPG

Edited by dh27564

wgcuser   

Thanks dh27564,

Yeeps, how did I miss that ?!!

I'm sure I looked at those External device settings before my original post 'cos I'd set "Prompt for action" .

It must be an age thing :o

Thanks again.