Hello,

I now this is likely the wrong place for this, but I just read where Best Buy has decided to no longer carry Kaspersky due to concerns over the security of the product itself.  It would be good to hear something directly from Eugene Kaspersky concerning this, and other entities no longer using Kaspersky an what he plans to do.  I've had Kaspersky for a long time and, to me, is the best protection one can have, especially using KTS.  Is anyone else concerned about what's going on?  Personally, I think Kaspersky is being treated unfairly. 

I understand why Best Buy would take that position as they don't want to be affiliated with any company that would be under investigation for acquiring personal or company data that could help any one government.

Now to my knowledge Eugene Kaspersky already told the U.S. Government that he would hand over the complete source code to prove that there is no code injected into any Kaspersky security product that would gather and forward any sensitive data whether it be personal or government. However the U.S. Government has decided they don't want to see it. So basically Kaspersky is guilty without any evidence as it is what the U.S. Government wants to believe.

Who says any other security company isn't doing what Kaspersky is being accused of? It just seems to be a Russian (company) vs U.S. Government.

Am I concerned? Yes I am as i don't want any company collecting any of my information but you know for fact Microsoft does as well as many other software companies. It is the extent of what is captured and what are they doing with it.

My personal take on it. Kaspersky has been around for quite some time and the U.S. Government never had issues up to this point and they are just pointing fingers because Kaspersky is a Russia based company. It is sad when the U.S. Government is offered proof Kaspersky is not obtaining confidential data and refuses to see it.

The USA is always making crap up because they cannot get their own way.  The way I see it, if kaspersky stops people like the NSA GCSB etc from getting into my laptop then I'm happy.  I also don't think that Kaspersky should get the source code to the USA, because those pricks are going to let the NSA make malware that kaspersky wont detect.

I wouldn't trust the government if my life depended on it.  We're all expendable to them and all governments are terrorist. 

That was unnecessary, Machine.  This is about Kaspersky and Best buy.  Name calling helps no one.  I simply want to hear from Eugene Kaspersky directly to know what's going on from his perspective, and, preferably, from a moderator to get his or her perspective.

Modes:  If this is going to deteriorate into a hate America and name calling, please delete the post.  It's too bad that a legitimate concern has to be turned into comments like the one above.  It wasn't about politics, or governments or anything else other than wanting to know, from the horses mouth so to speak, what Eugene plans to do.

This topic is amicably closed for now, but KL personnel can post information here when need be. :)

From today's news, the US president, Trump, said US govt. must uninstall all Kaspersky anti-virus/anti-malware software because it was suspected of linking with Russian govt. and secret agent.  Is that true?  I am a new user of Kaspersky and got shock after reading the news!