stephane

Manage KES 10 local tasks in KSC

Hi,

I've searched a lot an answer but didn't find, so I'm posting here hoping that someone can help me :)

I have the following: Kaspersky Security Center 10 (version 10.4.343) and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (version 10.3.0.6294).

I have set few group tasks that I can manage for all my devices.

But I see default local tasks on my devices that I can modify in the device settings on KSC (right click on task and properties).

I cannot see in the policies how to do it, I can only see there that I can allow use of local tasks, allow group tasks to be displayed or allow management of group tasks.

What I would like to do is to set default values for local tasks for all my devices.

Can you please help me in order to manage that?

Hi,

YOu can hide local tasks using policy in that case they will not be avalible locally and stop running according to theid tasks.

Thank you!

Hi,

thanks for your answer but unfortunately it's not answering my question, I was aware of that. I need to keep local tasks available for the user.

After a little research on other topics, looks like disabling local tasks can be done with the settings.ini file (http://support.kaspersky.com/9389).

Unfortunately, it seems that it's not possible to just change the default task schedule?

Could this be added in the future? Our default policy in our company is to disable network connectivity on a local machine if virus activity is suspected. However we cannot run a local scan without enabling local task management. However the default local task settings interfere with the group tasks and the local scanning defaults are too aggressive.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.