Anime_Swordsman

Sogou refusing to uninstall!

Like many others, I installed a program to help me type Chinese. Problem was, it came with this little browser called "Sogou". I unfortunately did my research afterwards, and my Kaspersky is bravely trying to uninstall it, but to no avail. The thing's rooted in there, and it won't go without a lengthy confirmation. I'm not sure of where to find where it's stored on the computer, and I need some help getting rid of it. Sounds like others have had this problem too. Any ideas?

Welcome. Please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the second (2nd) pinned topic.
There, you will find instructions to post your GSI and AVZ logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

On 2017/9/3 at 2:59 PM, Anime_Swordsman said:

Like many others, I installed a program to help me type Chinese. Problem was, it came with this little browser called "Sogou". I unfortunately did my research afterwards, and my Kaspersky is bravely trying to uninstall it, but to no avail. The thing's rooted in there, and it won't go without a lengthy confirmation. I'm not sure of where to find where it's stored on the computer, and I need some help getting rid of it. Sounds like others have had this problem too. Any ideas?

Hello,

Sougou is the most popular Chinese input method in China. I also use it. You can uninstall it by control pannel --> uninstall  a program --> Sougou Input method. If you can't find the uninstall item, You can directly location to the path to run uninstall program :C:\Program Files\SogouInput\uninstall.exe or C:\Program Files(x86)\SogouInput\uninstall.exe.

Regards.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.