vBDKv

Hotspot Shield (used by Kaspersky) accused of snooping on users

Hello!

We are aware regarding this information. Please wait for the official statement soon.

Honestly, I'm very pissed off after reading the following article.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/08/09/when-is-a-vpn-not-private-when-youre-not-paying-for-it/

When something is branded "Kaspersky", you expect it to be fully safe/private. You don't care that it's "powered by hotspot shield". It is Kaspersky's responsibility to ensure that a product they're giving lives up to their company's reputation. If Kaspersky is outsourcing something, the customer doesn't care.

Makes me wonder (and worry) what other Kaspersky assurances/promises are questionable.

On 09/08/2017 at 1:05 PM, Mefodys said:

Hello!

We are aware regarding this information. Please wait for the official statement soon.

Hello Mefodys, any update on an official statement on this topic?  Without some clarity, I'm sure many people will be putting off any decision to buy a subscription - me for one.

Kaspersky Lab Statement on Data Processing in Kaspersky Secure Connection

Kaspersky Lab and AnchorFree have a partnership to provide users with a VPN solution called Kaspersky Secure Connection. This solution combines Kaspersky Lab’s own applications for different platforms developed in-house, with AnchorFree’s infrastructure for encrypting and transmitting user traffic.

The legal agreement between Kaspersky Lab and AnchorFree guarantees that Kaspersky Secure Connection doesn’t misuse or share user data with third parties. Both parties monitor only anonymous aggregated stats on product use, to ensure the best protection quality for their users. This is also confirmed by AnchorFree’s privacy policy, which is published here
https://www.hotspotshield.com/privacy-faq/.