Lotfi BOUCHERIT

Update kaspersky antivirus for computers in remote sites

Hello,

I upgraded Kaspersky Security Center and Kaspersky Endpoint portection in the local site without any problem. But i have about 25 remote sites connected by leased lines or vpn connections that bandwidth is less than or equal to 512kbps. And i do not have kaspersky administration servers in those remote sites.

Now, i am asked to upgrade antivirus in all computers in the network. But i cannot create a task in security center console, because, that would mess network traffic and block users from working.

I ask now, if it is possible, if i create a share containing antivirus setup file, in a computer in that remote site, to instruct installation task to use that share, and not the administration server in local site? Because, that would save lots of time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Edited by Lotfi BOUCHERIT

I've never tried it this way (I've always use Update Agents or create a standalone package and use another deployment system), but can't you just add a network location as update source in the update task?

cOlNW9a.png

2 hours ago, Lotfi BOUCHERIT said:

Hello,

I upgraded Kaspersky Security Center and Kaspersky Endpoint portection in the local site without any problem. But i have about 25 remote sites connected by leased lines or vpn connections that bandwidth is less than or equal to 512kbps. And i do not have kaspersky administration servers in those remote sites.

Now, i am asked to upgrade antivirus in all computers in the network. But i cannot create a task in security center console, because, that would mess network traffic and block users from working.

I ask now, if it is possible, if i create a share containing antivirus setup file, in a computer in that remote site, to instruct installation task to use that share, and not the administration server in local site? Because, that would save lots of time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hello.

You can assign Update Agents for each of your remote sites, then create and deploy the installation task. This way, the package will be copied to each of the Update Agents once, then used for distribution on clients of that Update Agent.

Thank you.

Thank you all for your help.

If i understand, i just need to assign for every remote site, an update agent. And then, i create and deploy an installation task, but, will it find the appropriate share to use automatically?

Thank you. And sorry for that silly question, because, it's really critical to find out how it works.

Regards.

Another question please, is there a mean that lets me check if some remote update agent, has all the necessary files and has replicated everything?

Thank you.

If you do not get any warnings or errors, so it should mean, that all the tasks went fine. 

There is no special tool to sheck the consistency of the downloaded data. 

Thanks!

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

I believe, that the information of the consistency of the downloaded data to the update agent, appears in the Statistics node of the update agent.

Please, have a look at the screenshot. (sorry, it's french posted in  english community forum...)

Thank you.

update-agent.JPG

Edited by Lotfi BOUCHERIT

Hi,

Цитата

is there a mean that lets me check if some remote update agent, has all the necessary files and has replicated everything?

Unfortunately, you can see UA activity, but there is no way to find out which files it distributes

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.