pjollop

Kaspersky internet security 2018 coming soon > arriving now.

Soon I guess Kaspersky internet security 2018 will be out.

I am currently running the 2017 version. When my license runs out on that, if i purchase a new license for another years use, will it automatically upgrade the programme to the 2018 version or will i have to uninstall 2017 and install 2018 buying a license for that. (and is there any difference )

thanks

It has long been forum recommended to uninstall the old version, reboot, and then install a newer version (e.g. 2016 - 2017). I have used this method since 2009 and have had no installation issues.

That being said, I believe Kaspersky says you can install a newer version "over the top" of the older version.

There is a option is Settings to automatically download and install newer versions as they are released. I have that option turned off in Settings > Additional > Update > Do Not Install.....

You can upgrade to the 2018 version for free as long as you have a current license for 2017.

The choice is yours but I'll stick with the forum recommended procedure.

According to https://help.kaspersky.com/KAV/2017/en-EN/68283.htm , it requires a confirmation before it gets installed. So I guess you'll have time to uninstall the current version first.

Download and install new versions automatically.

The new version of the application is downloaded automatically. Your confirmation is required to install the new version of the application. This option is selected by default.

Edited by vBDKv

15 minutes ago, Whizard said:

It has not yet been officially released :)

Thanks Whizard! Any idea when it will be released? I have a current license for 2017 and will it be upgraded at free of cost to the 2018 version?

4 hours ago, Carrotcruncher said:

I wouldn't install this version, as it isn't officially released... I'm quite amazed how the version is not released yet, even though RC was released in April... But saying that, there surely is a good reason for this. It cannot be delayed very much longer (as they already have NEXT year version on beta), so I would wait for the official release.

On the installation, I have used the preferred way. Uninstalling earlier version, keeping registration settings only, reboot and install new version.

4 hours ago, Carrotcruncher said:

Please wait until K-2018 is officially released! Don't use unofficial downloads!

4 hours ago, JoeRomello said:

I have a current license for 2017 and will it be upgraded at free of cost to the 2018 version?

If you have a current, legitimate license for the 2017 version, the upgrade to 2018 is free.

On 10/07/2017 at 5:43 PM, Geraner said:
On 11/07/2017 at 7:35 PM, Whizard said:

When its ready! :)

Please wait until K-2018 is officially released! Don't use unofficial downloads!

Gents,

it is a bit confusing... I have obtained the download link from support to resolve MS Outlook "no buttons" issue (what did not helped anyway, as appears in 2018 version as well, see for example:

While complaining that I do not want to test beta, RC etc. - I was told by support that they provided me with official link to final version...

Therefore, I would appreciate a word of explanation:

1. Is the version I am using (KTS 2018 18.0.0.405 (b) the final product (e.g. who is cheating on me: support representative while claiming that he provided me with the final product link, or this forum Moderators while claiming that it is not ready yet)?

2. Are the Kaspersky ftp located files being uploaded by Kaspersky staff, e.g. are the files placed there the official downloads (one of links the Support team member provided me with) advised by Support, or are these files unofficial, as stated here by Moderators? Apart from question related to cheating, if the Kaspersky ftp placed files are not originating from Kaspersly Lab, that causes a question about the qualification if security soft providing company cannot secure their own ftp serwer...

I would appreciate if (yes, I am doing this in parallel to have the record) in the addition of the Support team reply which I hope I will have via the just opened ticket, the forum Moderators could provide their reply to the above questions here. I believe that it shall help clarification of the currently existing and potentially arising in the near future (in a case of extension of the period for not releasing 2018 versions via more popular than ftp ways, like the home page maybe...?) questions.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AdHocVisitor
example provided

I went to check the official FTP-download site and indeed, the 2018-version is there available to download. I would say, that it is a legitimate version and perfectly ok to install. Well, at least I did ;)

The reason for it not being in the "Home page downloads", is something that an official Kaspersky employee would have to clarify... I would guess it would have something to do with localizations, support things and so on. But that is just my guess...

:o Attention : As stated for some members above the new Kaspersky-Antivirus it has been

installed for some users, but is Not official available to download from the KL-Forum

but we can start to read..About its requirements on this article posted recently

Minimum Hardware and Software Required to download Kaspersky ver. 18.0.0.405

Link: http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kis2018/..

After open the link, please scroll & click the last line : 11152 release notes kis en.html

Edited by Indio

Here are my two cents worth on this issue. Let me prefix by saying I am not a KL employee but I have been around for a long time on those forums.

The v2018 had reached TR (technical release stage), whereby developers had signed off on it. However, there have been no CR (commercial release) as of yet. This is up to the KL Marketing Department of each region. Tech Support can give you v2018 if you encounter certain issues, therefore for now its the only official way to get the distribution binary. We do not want users blindly clicking on the link, therefore it had been removed.

All Kaspersky distribution binaries are signed by a digital signature. You can view it by downloading the binary and choosing properties and selecting Digital Signature tab. There is no need to fear that the file had been actually tampered with for this reason. So fear not about it. I do not have access to the marketing plans, as to when and how the release will be out of the door. However, as you can see certain portion of it had been appearing on the actual production download servers.

There are not that many changes between v2017 and v2018 and to be honest if you want the latest and greatest you can always open a Support Ticket with KL directly via my.kaspersky.com

Well, support/help seem to be working not only via beta/forum, but via the official way as well here: https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2018/en-US/119653.htm

That could indicate that 2018 release is (more or less) ready.

However, it seem that the download links are available so far for English and Russian versions only.

Anyway: as soon as I will have my ticket replied, I will post it here (unless the KL employee would disclose the company plans here earlier).

In any case, I would call it as a strange policy if:

a) some countries are getting new versions MONTHS earlier than other

b ) in a case that 2018 it technical update while 2019 will be commercial... well... in addition to a, b c etc, I would recommend adding "TR" to version name to avoid confusion.

Do not get me wrong, I have 15 devices protected, and I am not an idiot (so I DO trust KL) but I am more and more confused. For example: let's imagine the situation when the jeleaous competitor would make the fake claim to authorities that I am using the pirated software in my company. They would pop in and ask for evidence of what I have purchased, and what I am using. Well... I have bought licenses for KTS 2017, which were updated as per KL support to 2018. "OK, you have the right for upgrade. Please provide us with the evidence that the 2018 was legally and commercially released". And that would be the point when I'd need to throw my machines through the window to avoid penalties ;)

That makes me feeling a bit incomfortable, you know...

So, dear KL (if you are looking here) - please clarify what is a TR, officially released, what is CR, and what is the Beta and what can be legally used. I am happy to use your soft (even if it is not clearing the disapearing buttons in Outlook) in newest, most efficient version as long as:

- it does not contain the beta or technical preview flaws;

- it can be legally used

Edited by AdHocVisitor
spelling....

We are not privy to KL internal release schedule plans. And yes you are correct some countries get it faster due to marketing plans for that region. So to summarize if you had been given a v2018 from official tech support channel, you can therefore safely assume you can run it without any limitations. Good Luck! :)

On 7/6/2017 at 4:47 AM, pjollop said:

Soon I guess Kaspersky internet security 2018 will be out.

I am currently running the 2017 version. When my license runs out on that, if i purchase a new license for another years use, will it automatically upgrade the programme to the 2018 version or will i have to uninstall 2017 and install 2018 buying a license for that. (and is there any difference )

thanks

Also, in addition to what Whizard indicates in the post located above this post, 

The question posed in the first post has been answered, and additional posts have been answered, too. 

Version 2018 is not yet commercially released, so this is temporarily and amicably closed. :)

Hi, all. I have KIS 2017 on my laptop, and when I went to download to my Desktop as well it downloaded and installed KIS 2018.

Is 2018 now released to the public or was that a anomaly ?

Edit to above post. KIS 2018 patch b now been downloaded to both machines, so must assume available publically at least to English language users ?

Hi,

You downloaded 2018 version from my kaspersky? I tried also but downloading only version 2017.

I see, Because I am wondering some of the people are now getting the KIS 2018 from any places but is that really possible or it is only on the patch itself?

Kind regards smile4.gif

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.