currently running a rootkit scan its at 56% with an estimated 41 mins remaining it was at the same percentage 15 mins ago with an estimated 30 mins remaining when i tried to run a full scan earlier it had an estimated 18 DAYS remaining at 1%

operating Sytem: Windows 10 Home(64 Bit)

I'm running the trail version can I do uninstall and reinstall and continue with the remainder of my trail period

Edited by Arsenal123

It usually takes around 5 minutes to complete a rootkit scan for me, but it can vary quite a bit depending on cpu load and other factors.

Any suggestions this not my first scan the previous full scan took 6-7 Hrs and I've actually removed some stuff since then I try again later today/tomorrow to see if it makes a difference

I'm running the trail version can I do uninstall and reinstall and continue with the remainder of my trail period

Most likely you would not be able to install the trial version again on that machine. Only one trial per product per machine is how I understand it.

Most likely you would not be able to install the trial version again on that machine. Only one trial per product per machine is how I understand it.

Thanks

Anything I can try/do?

Your question regarding trial had already been answered (its one product line per Windows OS install period).

1) Rootkit scan times depend on the files / programs installed on each computer.

2) Full Scan can take a long time if you have a lot of ISO files present on your computer.

Just let it run. Granted you do NOT have to run a full scan as real time protection should be able to catch most of the malware.

Your question regarding trial had already been answered (its one product line per Windows OS install period).

1) Rootkit scan times depend on the files / programs installed on each computer.

2) Full Scan can take a long time if you have a lot of ISO files present on your computer.

Just let it run. Granted you do NOT have to run a full scan as real time protection should be able to catch most of the malware.

i just started a new scan and excluded recycle bin since its empty so far its at 38% with an estimated hour remaining (having run for about 45-60 mins)

As I mentioned scan times will vary depending on the file types you have on your computer. Also the amount of CPU processing and Memory available are a factors too.

After the initial full scan, future scans will be quicker as well.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.