Henry2017

Mailserver port 587 Problem [In progress]

The Mail settings in the Kaspersky Anti Ransomware 1.1.24.0 are a little bit problematic. With an Exchange 2010 Server i can only get it to work on port 25 starttls(with authentication). Port 587(with authentication) is not working - but i can't easily figure out why - i have to wait one Week to trigger Mail.

The error message from the anti-Ransowmware tool is just “Sending mail failed”.

It would be nice if the error message has more details.

It also would be nice if the mail was just sent when a problem occurred, not every week or every month with an report that nothing happens.

Kind regards

Starrider

The Mail settings in the Kaspersky Anti Ransomware 1.1.24.0 are a little bit problematic. With an Exchange 2010 Server i can only get it to work on port 25 starttls(with authentication). Port 587(with authentication) is not working - but i can't easily figure out why - i have to wait one Week to trigger Mail.

The error message from the anti-Ransowmware tool is just “Sending mail failed”.

It would be nice if the error message has more details.

It also would be nice if the mail was just sent when a problem occurred, not every week or every month with an report that nothing happens.

Kind regards

Starrider

Hello,

please attach a screenshot of error message and settings of the mail server.

Thank you.

Hello,

please attach a screenshot of error message and settings of the mail server.

Thank you.

i will try - but i can easily access the Mailserver

Kind regards

right now i have only this information from the Mailserver

The following will be logged if Kaspersky try's to send Email on port 587

The account 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' provided valid credentials, but is not authorized to use the server; failing authentication

Kind regards

Edited by Starrider

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.