moshfarga

How to disable Rootkit scan?

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I thought I can ask here as googling didn't help.. I disabled auto full/quick scans and auto database updates as I have a slow connection and can't update them while using the internet. However, there is always this thing that is bugging me with Kaspersky and its that damn Rootkit Scan, sometimes while I am using the internet or playing video games, it starts automatically and it happens frequently.. Is there a way in the option I can stop this? I looked and searched google as well as kaspersky but I didn't find anything.

Welcome to the forum.

Go to Settings -> Performance -> Untick the appropriate checkbox for rootkit scanning...

Welcome to the forum.

Go to Settings -> Performance -> Untick the appropriate checkbox for rootkit scanning...

Thank you so much.. I feel so silly that it was as easy as that <_<

Rootkit scanning is useful but it is a disaster on performance when it self-activates without our knowledge.

Is there anyway to control manually when a rootkit scan is activated or is it already part of, say, a full scan?