ahmedahmed1223

KATA Endpoint Sensor [In progress]

Hi

in Kaspersky Security Center 10 Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 console, there is an option say

"KATA Endpoint Sensor setting"

how to activate this feature?and what is the Requirements؟

and some other vendors provide forensic-level analysis for the root causes of infections like sophos intercept-x solution whitch is bundled with the management console with no additional cost i think is there any similar feature in KSC ? and how to do that?

Hi,

This feature could be activated only with KATA solution.

It will not work without it.

Thank you!

So what is KATA solution is it sandboxing or cloud service ?

And what about infections analyzing tools is it limited to Kata service only also?

I think the info is very general and did not give a clear view about the solution like:

Is the solution is different from KSC or an extension to it?

Is this Solution free? if no how it cost? and how it priced by agent ,daily storage ,etc.

Is it can be installed to local server or it is cloud only solution?

What is the components of this solution servers, agents, supported os ,etc?

Is there any vide demo about what it can do in real world?

Sorry for these question but I find that other venders give a lot of info regarding similar solutions to KATA

Thanks

I think the info is very general and did not give a clear view about the solution like:

Is the solution is different from KSC or an extension to it?

Is this Solution free? if no how it cost? and how it priced by agent ,daily storage ,etc.

Is it can be installed to local server or it is cloud only solution?

What is the components of this solution servers, agents, supported os ,etc?

Is there any vide demo about what it can do in real world?

Sorry for these question but I find that other venders give a lot of info regarding similar solutions to KATA

Thanks

Hello,

http://support.kaspersky.com/kata/about_kata

http://media.kaspersky.com/en/business-sec...ta_solution.pdf

https://business.kaspersky.com/tag/kata/

https://www.kaspersky.com/enterprise-securi...argeted-attacks

Thank you.

The answers here don't address the questions.

Here is a screen capture during installation.
It is possibly the only concise explanation anywhere of what is "KATA Endpoint Sensor" / KATA.
But it does not say whether KATA needs a separate license or license option;
It does not say whether the user can turn KATA on or off;
It gives no hint why the name KATA or controls for it appear nowhere in my Kaspersky GUI. ("Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (Workstation protection)" 10.3.0.6294; Windows 7 x64).

Text of the screen capture:
"KATA Endpoint Sensor is a component of Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform. The component continually monitors processes, active network connections, and files that are modified, and relays this information to Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform.
(Feature installation requires ___ KB on the local hard drive.)"

KATA option at install.png

Edited by AaaaaBbbbb
copyedit.

8 hours ago, AaaaaBbbbb said:

The answers here don't address the questions.

Here is a screen capture during installation.
It is possibly the only concise explanation anywhere of what is "KATA Endpoint Sensor" / KATA.
But it does not say whether KATA needs a separate license or license option;
It does not say whether the user can turn KATA on or off;
It gives no hint why the name KATA or controls for it appear nowhere in my Kaspersky GUI. ("Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (Workstation protection)" 10.3.0.6294; Windows 7 x64).

Text of the screen capture:
"KATA Endpoint Sensor is a component of Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform. The component continually monitors processes, active network connections, and files that are modified, and relays this information to Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform.
(Feature installation requires ___ KB on the local hard drive.)"

KATA option at install.png

Hello.

The description in the installer only contains basic information about the component. It is suggested that the administrator is familiar with roles of components by the time of protection deployment. More detailed information can be found in the product manual.

Thank you.

The installer summary of KATA ES describes what it does, in a way I don't see elsewhere.
(It does not say that I need a separate license to actually use it, so I would assume that I don't. If I need a separate license, it really should say so. (I still have no idea.))

The linked content is rambling, circuitous sales double-talk. "The solution is designed to help businesses implement an adaptive security strategy."

"For protection against targeted attacks and advanced threats, Kaspersky Lab offers Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform." (What is it part of?)

"Today, Kaspersky Lab launches two new enterprise solutions for preventing the most sophisticated cyberthreats..." (What does it come with or not come with? Is it purchased together or separately? Do I have it or don't I? How do I turn it on? How do I get it? What does it cost?)

"Kaspersky Lab's Anti Targeted Attack solution provides guidelines to help achieve realistic security goals and allocate appropriate resources, aligned with the existing – and future – business needs of enterprise security and SOC teams."

Its separate product and you need to buy it to be able to take full advantage of kata sensor in endpoint.

Without kata software sensor is useless and dont install it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.