AstaUK

KSC10 not deploying updates for KSWS. [In progress]

I've just finished installing a new Server 2016 environment along with KSC10 (10.3.407) and have KSWS 10.0.0.486 deployed to a number of the new servers. Within KSC I have configured a schedule for updating the various modules which has updated the severs to AntiCryptor fix 4 and Product Core 3. On my file server I had an issue with AntiCryptor blocking access to hosts when updating Excel spreadsheets, support provided me with an update to fix (core 12) that particular problem since then I have not been able to update any new server after I've installed KSWS.

Obviously I could download and manually deploy the updates to the new servers but I'm not sure why it is that KSC can't deploy the updates, if I check the results for the task then it shows as successfully completing for the affected servers. I've also tried clearing and re-downloading updates to KSC but that doesn't seem to make any difference. All servers are online and able to properly communicate, the av databases are updating okay and all tasks are executing as expected.

I've just finished installing a new Server 2016 environment along with KSC10 (10.3.407) and have KSWS 10.0.0.486 deployed to a number of the new servers. Within KSC I have configured a schedule for updating the various modules which has updated the severs to AntiCryptor fix 4 and Product Core 3. On my file server I had an issue with AntiCryptor blocking access to hosts when updating Excel spreadsheets, support provided me with an update to fix (core 12) that particular problem since then I have not been able to update any new server after I've installed KSWS.

Obviously I could download and manually deploy the updates to the new servers but I'm not sure why it is that KSC can't deploy the updates, if I check the results for the task then it shows as successfully completing for the affected servers. I've also tried clearing and re-downloading updates to KSC but that doesn't seem to make any difference. All servers are online and able to properly communicate, the av databases are updating okay and all tasks are executing as expected.

Hello.

Not all fixes released for KSWS are necessarily installed automatically. Some only become available after a while, others are not universally required and therefore only provided by support on a case by case basis. This is not a product malfunction.

Thank you.

Hello.

Not all fixes released for KSWS are necessarily installed automatically. Some only become available after a while, others are not universally required and therefore only provided by support on a case by case basis. This is not a product malfunction.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that not all fixes are applied automatically, case in point fix 13 which was made available to me. But fix4 for AntiCryptor and fix3 for ProductCore are both fixes that were previously automatically applied by KSC to my deployment of KSWS, so why are they now not being applied?

Thanks for the reply. I understand that not all fixes are applied automatically, case in point fix 13 which was made available to me. But fix4 for AntiCryptor and fix3 for ProductCore are both fixes that were previously automatically applied by KSC to my deployment of KSWS, so why are they now not being applied?

If you have been installing Core 12 fix on all of the newer servers, the older Core and component fixes (like AntiCryptor 4) become redundant. Core fixes are cumulative and include all previous updates.

Note that component fixes (like AntiCryptor) are only cumulative in regard to previous fixes for the same component.

Thank you.

If you have been installing Core 12 fix on all of the newer servers, the older Core and component fixes (like AntiCryptor 4) become redundant. Core fixes are cumulative and include all previous updates.

Note that component fixes (like AntiCryptor) are only cumulative in regard to previous fixes for the same component.

Thank you.

I only installed fix 12 on the affected file share server, none of the others. I have 4 new servers added after I manually applied that particular update by executing the update package on the server not via KSC. My concern is that now I can't rely on the KSC update process and I will manually have to check and apply updates such as the core 13 update that now appears on the KB. Just checking the other updates, they are part of AutoPatch A.

I only installed fix 12 on the affected file share server, none of the others. I have 4 new servers added after I manually applied that particular update by executing the update package on the server not via KSC. My concern is that now I can't rely on the KSC update process and I will manually have to check and apply updates such as the core 13 update that now appears on the KB. Just checking the other updates, they are part of AutoPatch A.

Hello!

Unfortunately modules update really does not deliver all the patches.

Please always consult the installed patches via KSC.

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.