So Kaspersky has this insanely angering tendency to fire up rootkit scans whenever it feels like, be it the middle of the night or right smack in the middle of me playing a game or doing work on my computer. All of my scan schedules are set to middle-of-the-night times, so as not to interrupt anything else I may be doing; unfortunately, the rootkit scanner seems to have its own agenda, and I can't find any way to change it.

I am extremely angry with the program for doing this; I am trying to remain civil and polite in this post, but god is it difficult. PLEASE tell me there's a way to make the program stop doing this!

The rootkit scan can be disabled but cannot be scheduled. That being said, a FULL scan also includes the rootkit scan so you may wish to disable the rootkit scan and schedule the FULL scan occasionally instead. To disable the rootkit scan go to Settings > Performance > Search for Software... (uncheck this box)

Edited by dh27564

Also,

Please take a look at the following post(s) in the thread under https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=2386728

Note: The rootkit scan automatically starts 30 minutes after the start of Kaspersky produkt in case of last rootkit scan start is at least 24 hours in the past. Otherwise the scan automatically will be started in the running session immediately as soon as the 24-hours distance time is full filled.

If the rootkit scan provides a loss of system performance you might disable the rootkit scan in general. There will be no loss of protection level because the realtime protection and also the manually full scan will examine rootkit objects too.

Edited by ErnstK

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.