Mach_Two

Blocked Router Admin Page

Since updating Kaspersky Total Security 2017 I can no longer access my router's management page (BT Smart Hub - IP 192.168.1.254) from my desktop computer. I just get a message "this page can't be reached" no matter whether I use a wired or wireless connection to the router.

However, I CAN reach the management page from another computer, and from Android tablets. If I uninstall Kaspersky, I regain access to the page, and can also continue to reach it for a short time after reinstalling Kaspersky.

However, all too quickly I once again get the message "This page can't be reached". It makes no difference whether I use Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Chrome as my browser. Help, please!

Welcome. Please see quote below:

Hello,

Q1: Couldn't use wireless print

A1: Try to change the "network" state to "trusted or Local", Any better?

Q2: Couldn't visit router manager page.

A2: if your router LAN IP is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, this issue will happen. This issue will solve when you change the router LAN IP to 192.168.2.1 if you are convenience.

Regards.

Any better after that?

Welcome. Please see quote below:

Any better after that?

A1 - It is already set to Local - but since I didn't ask about printing (I have no problem with that) I don't see the relevance to my problem.

A2 - As I stated above, my management page is 192.168.1.254, and I can find no way of changing it.

A2: Access the router from another device, then please see: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+change+router+ip

Any better?

If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

The BT Smart Hub management system does not allow you to change the router's IP address - I have tried! I will elevate this problem to Tech Support

I recently posted on this forum looking for ideas to solve a problem accessing my router's management page after installing Kaspersky Total Security 2017. I kept being told that the page could not be reached, despite it being visible on other devices. When I was unable to resolve the problem here, I elevated it to Kaspersky Tech Support.

Imagine my surprise to be told by them that this is a known bug, that they won't be fixing it until the 2018 version is issued and that I either have to put up with it or uninstall the 2017 version and replace it with the 2016 version! To say the least, I am decidedly unimpressed. As I understand it, this bug may affect others who cannot access their router management pages, which is why I have posted here now.

According to the patch notes, this is supposed to be fixed in the (d) patch for the 2017 version:

∙ Bug 1966510:SUPPORT: router page 192.168.1.1 can't be opened when KIS is enabled

But I'm running the (d) patch and still can't access 192.168.1.1. I get "connection reset".

I know this is going to sounds screwed up but try this (I do it when ever the webpages fail to load):

Clear your cache and browsing history. If that doesn't work:

Start > In the search bar type in CMD > right click on CMD and click on run as Administrator > Type in: ipconfig /flushdns > hit enter. then close it down if it worked, reboot your PC and try the site again.

Let me know how that goes for you please.

Had this issue recently as of 8/3/2017. Now I'm not sure just what version of Kaspersky I was running before, but after I completely deinstalled Kaspersky, I was able to once again get to my router management IP. The version I reinstalled shows 17.0.0.611 (f) and after reinstall, I could also reach my routers.

DISABLING Kaspersky and Firewall would not let me in either. Other posts on this subject indicate a bug in version 16 builds of Kaspersky. This issue is known to Router manufacturers as well. Recently installed a Netgear wireless router and encountered this issue. Was working on 3 different routers at the time, and it blocked ALL of the routers with that same IP Management address (192.168.1.254) and it did NOT MATTER which router it was. Kaspersky basically blocked that IP address from the web interface, and would NOT relinquish it!

Pretty discouraging! Can't completely disable Kaspersky, Can't disable the FIrewall completly, and you have to deinstall it in order to work on certain devices apparently. However I have to note that this was the ONLY WAY I could continue to work on my routers and access their configuration pages in Chrome and IE11 browsers.

Hey Kaspersky support! WHERE ARE YOU with an answer!

0. They are out there, under Eastern skies.

1. Please see the second pinned topic for instructions to download and install Kaspersky version 2018. 

Uninstall Kaspersky version 2017 > reboot, then install Kaspersky version 2018. 

After you install Kaspersky version 2018, activate with your current activation code > do a databases update > reboot.

Any better with the current version? If not, please try 2. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

2. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ 

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI

17 hours ago, richbuff said:

Any better with the current version? If not, please try 2. 

I'd forgotten about this issue (though it was still blocking me on all versions of 17. But I recently installed version 18, so I thought I'd give it a try. It works! I can finally access my router's admin page, thank you Kaspersky.

Out of curioousity, I installed version 18 and it works! I can finally access my <a href="https://19216811.zone">router's admin page</a>, thank you so much!

Out of curioousity, I installed version 18 and it works! I can finally access my router's admin page, thank you so much! https://19216811.zone