pjbw@spamarrest.com

USB hard disk not "compatible"

[Previous: 'External USB Drives Still Not Recognized???']

W7 32bit.

I have backed up using Windows backup to external USB hard drives for years. However recently I got 0x81000037with the unintelligible MIcrosoft Help so I thought I would try Kaspersky Total Security's.

Full Kaspersky scan all Ok. But then I got

"The specified folder is not a storage for files compatible with the application".

Where do I go from here?

c. Please place your mouse cursor over the underlined letters GSI in my previous post. Then left click mouse button. In less than one minute, your computer screen will show the required information.

I ran into the same problem. The message "The specified folder is not a storage for files compatible with the application" means that the USB drive (or SD card) is probably formatted in FAT instead of exFAT or NTFS. Reformat your USB drive in exFAT or NTFS and Kaspersky should successfully create and run your backup. Worked for me.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.