W3140

Kaspersky Secure Connection Dropping

Using KSC v17.0.0.611©, my secure connection drops periodically. I have all settings to automatic (notify when enabled), so I'm presuming if WiFi recovers from a drop, KSC will automatically reestablish a secure connection. Am I correct? If not, what other settings can affect (re)establishing a secure connection?

post-580030-1482698420_thumb.jpg

post-580030-1482698454_thumb.jpg

post-580030-1482698471_thumb.jpg

post-580030-1482698527_thumb.jpg

B) Welcome to W3140

All the Kaspersky users are getting use to this New feature. So open

this link: https://support.kaspersky.com/12665 and read through

the option "Possible Secure Connection issues" may help you

Appreciate your input. I had already gone through all available documentation before raising the issue in this forum. Subsequently, I've raised this issue with technical support and provided them with various traces, as well as GIS report. There were some unpublished conflicts with other software, which I've removed from my system; the problem persists.

I've also run emulation trials by deliberately stopping the WiFi connection; KSC does seem to recover from that scenario when WiFi is re-established. What I can't emulate is a fault at the KSC/VPN remote server which, I suspect, is causing KSC not to automatically re-establish a secure connection when the remote server fault is cleared. This may or may not be an issue if the remote server location is set to automatically select. In my case, this is not an option; I need to specify USA (or any other country setting), so that mail servers and financial transaction servers don't balk at requests from unexpected IP addresses (a potential security breach).

In parallel, I've also enabled KSC on a virgin Win10/Surface 3 system with no application software installed. The problem arises there periodically, too.

I'll advise the forum if/when a solution is found with technical support's assistance, of course.

An update from Kaspersky Technical Support regarding this issue that I received yesterday (24Jan2017):

"Based on our Tier 2 Technical Support, please wait around 1 week until Technical Release of 2018 will be released and recheck the issue? According to provided logs after network got disconnected KSDE cannot reinitialize connection and remains disabled. This issue most probably will be fixed with new version but it's not available yet."

I'll update further when I've received and installed the update.

An update from Kaspersky Technical Support regarding this issue that I received yesterday (24Jan2017):

"Based on our Tier 2 Technical Support, please wait around 1 week until Technical Release of 2018 will be released and recheck the issue? According to provided logs after network got disconnected KSDE cannot reinitialize connection and remains disabled. This issue most probably will be fixed with new version but it's not available yet."

I cant conect too to the secure conection.It said my code was blocked too.

This is a VPN or not?

Kaspersky sell some VPN?

It said my code was blocked

Welcome , can you please provide a screenshot from this error message.

Received notification from Kaspersky Technical Support on 3 February, 2017 20:13, that Technical Release 2018 has been delayed and "is expected to be available within the next week or so".

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.