fleon

Backup of Administration Server data show corruption [Solved]

I deleted 2 machines from managed computers and unassigned.

Machine names were MAR-VM03 (6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat) and PC-PLM-18565 (7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6\SS_SETTINGS.dat), however running klbackup i still see the error:

Error - At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat

C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6\SS_SETTINGS.dat

Do i have to reboot the server after removing the 2 machines and before running klbackup? Do i need to manually delete SS_SETTINGS.dat from both folders?

In the 6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b folder there is a ~SS_SETTINGS.~dat~2 file with 18kb size. Remember i deleted the main ss_settings.dat

In the 7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6 folder there is SS_SETTINGS.dat with 24kb size. The ~SS_SETTINGS.~dat~2 exists but it's empty.

Please make sure these hosts do not show up by name if you perform a search on Administration server.

Then please restart the server and retry the backup.

Thank you.

if i delete the hosts, and then also delete from unassigned computers, they will show up again in a few minutes. do i need to do anything else?

Please make sure these hosts do not show up by name if you perform a search on Administration server.

Then please restart the server and retry the backup.

Thank you.

Network Poll->Ip Subnets->Edit polling settings has "enable ip subnets polling" OFF

However, Windows Scanning and AD Scanning were ON, so i turned them off and rebooted.

STILL the two machines appear, however i deleted them again and quickly ran the backup and this time it worked.

The scheduled task runs at 4am -4 GMT tomorrow, i will post back, but i think it worked, since klbackup did run successfully.

Sorry for bringing an old thread up,

I have the same issue, and I tried to run getfaulty script but I can't find the result.xml file any ideas ?

Sorry for bringing an old thread up,

I have the same issue, and I tried to run getfaulty script but I can't find the result.xml file any ideas ?

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem in more details and specify versions that you use.

Thank you!

I use KSC 10.2.434 and KES 10.2.5.3201, the server backup task failed giving me the following error: Database is corrupted. At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\a0494adf-bf8e-4e74-8ced-5238ee2a9204\SS_SETTINGS.dat

I though it is the same issue, so followed the post and download a script to identify the faulty host to remove it. but I can't get it to work.

Apparently one of the host data became corrupted on the server, making it impossible to verify when performing the backup.

Please use the attached script (run start.cmd) to determine its name.

Then proceed to remove the resulting host from managed computers, then from Unassigned (it can be rediscovered and readded later if required).Then you should be able to perform the backup sucessfully.

Hi,

Unfortunately there is only one way to solve the issue from that point - to uninstall existing instance of KSC, install it anew and restore it from backup.

3 last backups are stored by default.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.