After installing KIS 2017 in Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update (1607) my internet connection is randomly blocked/slowed down (sometimes I can't login to router panel via IE/Firefox). The problem exists on my 3 PC's. When I uninstall KIS 2017 and instal back KIS 2016 everyting is working ok.

Whats wrong? Any advices?

First, do the following to obtain access to your router (such as 192.168.1.1):

1) Right click on the red K on the lower right of your screen

2) Left click settings

3) Left click Protection

4) Left click Firewall

5)Left click Networks

6) Find the adapters for your wired & wireless ports and change them to "Local Network"

7) Close the networks page

8) Left click Configure Packet Rules

9) Find "Any network activity (Local network)"

10) Right click on it and select edit

11) Check the "inactive" box

12) Left click close

Exit all pages and reboot the machine.

Second do the following to correct security blockages on some sites:

1) close your browser

2) right click the red K

3) left click Settings

4) left click Additional

5) left click Network

6) uncheck the "Traffic Processing" box (don't panic when the scary message appears)

7) close the open Kaspersky page and you can start your browser again without limitations.

Hope this helps you out!

Al

I've received information from Kaspersky support that this is known problem with KIS 2017 + Win 10 (1607) and will be fixed in 17.0.1. I was asked to use KIS 2016 untill 17.0.1 is out.

I've received information from Kaspersky support that this is known problem with KIS 2017 + Win 10 (1607) and will be fixed in 17.0.1. I was asked to use KIS 2016 untill 17.0.1 is out.

Is this there recommendation in general for anyone on Win10 AU? I was just about to install KIS 2017 when I saw this thread.

The update available via that link was for kis17.0.0.611aben_11548. That page refers to Win10 but says nothing about the Anniversary Update (which has caused a lot of grief for many vendors). The message givien to the original poster of this thread was to wait for 17.0.1. I gather you are implying that this is not the general recommendation for everyone that has upgraded to the Win10 AU. So how do we know what subset of Win10 AU users need to wait for 17.0.1? Installing the KIS 17 just to see if I'm vulnerable doesn't seem like a great option.

Hi,

As well as Richuff post link>> http://usa.kaspersky.com/windows10

You never used this link correctly like this "check link" to see if Kaspersky determines that you need to update for Kaspersky compatible version for windows 10.

Example:(red box)>>Check Now>>{right click Kaspersky icon to find out what version you have installed}add to how to check what version you are on>>Check Now (red box)

Kaspersky will then determine if the version installed is correct.

That simple.

:supercool:

Example:(red box)>>Check Now>>{right click Kaspersky icon to find out what version you have installed}add to how to check what version you are on>>Check Now (red box)

Kaspersky will then determine if the version installed is correct.

That simple.

:supercool:

Hmm. Doing that, I get a popup that says "Good news - you are running the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security".

Since I am not running the latest version of KIS I translate that into "Bad news - the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security is not yet compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update". I guess I'd better wait until 17.0.1.

First, do the following to obtain access to your router (such as 192.168.1.1):

1) Right click on the red K on the lower right of your screen

2) Left click settings

3) Left click Protection

4) Left click Firewall

5)Left click Networks

6) Find the adapters for your wired & wireless ports and change them to "Local Network"

7) Close the networks page

8) Left click Configure Packet Rules

9) Find "Any network activity (Local network)"

10) Right click on it and select edit

11) Check the "inactive" box

12) Left click close

Exit all pages and reboot the machine.

Second do the following to correct security blockages on some sites:

1) close your browser

2) right click the red K

3) left click Settings

4) left click Additional

5) left click Network

6) uncheck the "Traffic Processing" box (don't panic when the scary message appears)

7) close the open Kaspersky page and you can start your browser again without limitations.

Hope this helps you out!

Al

Tried all this, but it didn't work. I'm using KIS 2017 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 btw.

kis217 blocks my internet traffic when i use a browser lick chrome or firefox.

i should restart modem or windows for solving.

there is no problem when downloading with idm without browsing and also no problem when i uninstall kasper.

what is the problem?

plz help me for solving

thanks

win: 10 x64 1607 14393.321

also kis is up to date.

Same here...I'm running Win10 14393.321 (32-bit) on my nine computers... Version KIS 16.0.1.445(e)...

Running this version it says there are quite a few limitations with AU...

Version 17 doesn't have hardly any limitations listed with AU but the fact that the Kaspersky Website is saying

that version 16 is the Up-To-Date version (Even with it's many limitations) tells me that KIS 17 ain't ready for

prime time yet...I usually wait until after the 1st of the year to update to the new version of KIS but the older version

of KIS doesn't normally have a big list of limitations with an updated OS...Hope they sort 17 out soon...

Hmm. Doing that, I get a popup that says "Good news - you are running the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security".

Since I am not running the latest version of KIS I translate that into "Bad news - the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security is not yet compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update". I guess I'd better wait until 17.0.1.

when can we have 17.0.1?

:dash1:

Maybe.

1. If 17.0.1 actually exists, and/or if 17.0.1 will actually exist, and

2. If tech support decides to supply it to you. :)

We do not know the answers to these questions. Only tech support knows for sure.

many users have this issue...

i have too

but i do not know why kaspersky do not resolve it.

:angry:

Instead of cross posting the issue in other persons topic thread and not posting your log, please reverse that process.

Please post your log, and post it in this, your own topic thread. :)

Instead of cross posting the issue in other persons topic thread and not posting your log, please reverse that process.

Please post your log, and post it in this, your own topic thread. :)

ok thanks

this is because i can not work with other antiviruses.

i use kaspersky for 5 years...

i love kaspersky and do not want this issue preventing me to install kaspersky.

I agree. For me, it is Kaspersky and Windows, or Mac. :)

Please scroll up and follow the instructions that Whizard posted for you in post #2.

Dear Folks,

I`m currently having a really strange problem with Kaspersky. The problem started when I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition (build 14393.447 - version 1607).

Every time I turn on my PC and try to open any webpage (using google chrome), the website initially works and then - bang - my connectivity is lost. After waiting for a while for the website to open, the Chrome browser returns with a DNS Error of some sort.

For the internet to work again, I have to do an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew OR just close the Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I`m not really sure how the Anti-Virus is messing with DNS and this is getting my kind of crazy.

I would really appreciate if anyone could provide with me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

EBMC

PS: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f92c13ea9ee93d0

Edited by EBMC

I have the exact same problem, both with Chrome and with Edge :angry: If I want to surf the internet in a decent way I have to close Kaspersky :angry: .

I reïnstalled the software already, no solution. Also after the aniversary update.

There is nothing wrong with the hostfile, otherwise it would happen without the antivirus too. And I have no competing anti-virus/malware software running, so that is also not the case. It also makes my downloads corrupted, not only in browser but also software installations. I was installing Visual Studio, that downloads all packages during installation. It was hell until I turned Kaspersky off.

Hostfile:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1       localhost
#    ::1             localhost

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.