huhukaba

How to fast scan inserted flash drive?

I have slected to do a fast scan when a flash drive is inserted (in settings).

The fast scan settings have been set to the default, i.e. memory, start items and boot sectors.

However, when I insert a flash drive, looks like Kaspersky is doing to full drive scan, which are taking very long time.

I didn't have the patient to wait until it finishes.

How can I let Kaspersky to scan the flash drive very quickly?

I have slected to do a fast scan when a flash drive is inserted (in settings).

The fast scan settings have been set to the default, i.e. memory, start items and boot sectors.

However, when I insert a flash drive, looks like Kaspersky is doing to full drive scan, which are taking very long time.

I didn't have the patient to wait until it finishes.

How can I let Kaspersky to scan the flash drive very quickly?

Hi, huhukaba. I don't think you can do a fast scan in this instance, as the program will scan the whole flash drive and I don't see an option to change that.

Hi, huhukaba. I don't think you can do a fast scan in this instance, as the program will scan the whole flash drive and I don't see an option to change that.

Edit-----In Scan Options> Scan external devices on connection> Prompt for action, from the drop down menu it gives you options for Quick Scan or two Full Scan options.

As previously mentioned, USB Drive (Flash) has files, and therefore Fast Scan option does not apply here.

Also,

Does the USB drive contain ZIP or other compressed files? If it does the scan will be very slow since Kaspersky first expands the ZIP and then scans each individual file. It is very thorough and safe, but very slow.

For flash drives that I have purchased new, have had under my physical control the entire time, and contains nothing but files from my computer and no others, I scan the drives when first get them, Kaspersky scan the files when I copy them to the drive, after that I Do Not Scan the flash drive when I remount it.

I use the drives to hold off-line backups of certain important files.

If I ever plug the flash drive into another computer, I always do a complete scan when I use it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.