I have had this problem for a while now and Support is no help at all. When I try to use Safe Money -I have Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0.611 (B) - I get the following message:

"Certificate verification problem detected

Certificate verification service is not available (error: 0x000000ff)

You are strongly advised against visiting this website to avoid problems with security and storing your confidential data.

Retry checking".

I have been experiencing other problems as well - my Windows Media Player won't play, my automatic updates for KIS do not update automatically most of the time, I get a Phishing message when I try to go to a credit card login.... Support requests screenshots and trace reports but they have been no help at all. They just don't seem to get it and now they won't respond to my requests. Kaspersky is very disappointing to me, I must say. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Edie

How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok? Is your internet connection metered?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving.

Kaspersky Settings > Performance > uncheck Use Gaming Profile.

Is your Kaspersky license expiring in a few days?

If your license is a managed subscription, please click Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window,

then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.

Enable Log Non Critical Events: Settings > Additional > Reports and quarantine > check Log Non-critical events. Then do an update.

Main Kaspersky window, lower right, Show additional tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,

select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >

Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Disable Log Non Critical Events when done.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fourth (4th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hello,

Add a little advices to richbuff's.

Please check system service "CryptSvc-Cryptographic Services" is automatice start or disabled. Enable and start the system services.

Regards.

Edited by Wesly.Zhang

I did a Windows update tonight and everything seems ok - will see what happens tomorrow, but so far so good.

This morning my computer is back to problems. One thing I noted (which I did not mention in my original post - the fact that my Cloud Protection was off) was last night, after the Windows Update, my Cloud Protection (in KIS) was on and this morning it is off (I am including a screenshot of that) and my Windows Media Player won't work and I get the Certificate Verification Problem Detected message once again when I try to use Safe Money.

As per the advice I was given yesterday, I did reboot and check the time (it was ok) but when it came to the Proxy Settings I really did not know what to do. I am including a screenshot of that - should I turn off automatic proxy? Thanks again for any help.

Actually I am unable to upload these attachments as not enough space. The proxy settings - the automatic is on and the manual is off.

Sorry to be so clueless here but I just don't understand most of these directions.

Edie

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Please zip your screenshots and upload the zipped folder file to a filehost such as https://disk.yandex.com/
or to http://rghost.net/ and then post the Download link to the folder.

Please attach the Detailed update report.
Enable Log Non Critical Events: Settings > Additional > Reports and quarantine > check Log Non-critical events. Then do an update.
Main Kaspersky window, lower right, Show additional tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,
select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >
Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Disable Log Non Critical Events when done.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fourth (4th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also,

Was this ever resolved?

But Safe Money won't connect to any site using the protected browser at the moment.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.