Sign in to follow this  
supergian

Task to run a bat: it ends successfully, but without the expected result [In progress]

Hello, i have created this bat file:

@echo off

:: Disattiva gestione stampante predefinita automatica

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /V LegacyDefaultPrinterMode /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F

it turns off the damn automatic management of the default printer in Windows 10.

If i run maually on the client, it works but if i create an installation package with this bat file and i run an installation task with that package, the task ends without errors but the printers option remain unchanged (i use KSC 10 Sp2 patch A).

I have also this bat:

@echo off

:: Disattiva avvio rapido

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 0 /F

It turns off the fast startup on windows 10/8.

This works perfectly.

does anyone know why?

Hi,

Did you use the same account for both these tasks?

After you've run first batch file, is there change at registry?

BR

Hi,

Did you use the same account for both these tasks?

After you've run first batch file, is there change at registry?

BR

Yes the same acount.

In the Account task settings of both tasks i have "no account required (Network Agent Installed)".

No, there in no change in the registry key it remain on "0" that menas activated. "1" means disabled.

Long story short:

You try to change registry of currently logged on user, am I right?

Network Agent runs under SYSTEM account, with your batch you change registry setting of SYSTEM account and not for logged on user.

-- will read user and convert it to sid --

@echo off

for /f "TOKENS=1,2,*" %%a in ('tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" /FO LIST /V') do if /i "%%a %%b"=="User Name:" set

_currdomain_user=%%c

for /f "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=\" %%a in ("%_currdomain_user%") do set _currdomain=%%a & set _curruser=%%b

for /f "TOKENS=2 DELIMS= " %%c in ('whoami /user ^| find /i "%_curruser%"') do set _currusersid=%%c

echo %_currusersid%

-- end --

then:

REG ADD "HKEY_USERS\<SIDOUTPUT from batch>\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /V LegacyDefaultPrinterMode /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F

Long story short:

You try to change registry of currently logged on user, am I right?

Network Agent runs under SYSTEM account, with your batch you change registry setting of SYSTEM account and not for logged on user.

-- will read user and convert it to sid --

@echo off

for /f "TOKENS=1,2,*" %%a in ('tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" /FO LIST /V') do if /i "%%a %%b"=="User Name:" set

_currdomain_user=%%c

for /f "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=\" %%a in ("%_currdomain_user%") do set _currdomain=%%a & set _curruser=%%b

for /f "TOKENS=2 DELIMS= " %%c in ('whoami /user ^| find /i "%_curruser%"') do set _currusersid=%%c

echo %_currusersid%

-- end --

then:

REG ADD "HKEY_USERS\<SIDOUTPUT from batch>\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" /V LegacyDefaultPrinterMode /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F

It looks great but...i"m not a script expert.

Have i to copy this code in the bat file as well as?

Yes sure, but excuse I'm not the script spoon feeder!

You have to help yourself by combining the fromer suggestions.

Good luck, have a nice week.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.