useit

Web Console Connection Issue [In progress]

Hello all,

I installed Kaspersky Webconsole 10.0.196 With KSC 10.3.407 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 OS. Both installations are fine, but when I try to access Kaspersky via the web browser using both http and Https, but I get the HTTP Error 403 Forbidden.

Any advise is highly appreciated

Hello all,

I installed Kaspersky Webconsole 10.0.196 With KSC 10.3.407 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 OS. Both installations are fine, but when I try to access Kaspersky via the web browser using both http and Https, but I get the HTTP Error 403 Forbidden.

Any advise is highly appreciated

Hello.

Please specify if you installed Apache along with the Web Console, which ports you specified and which you type in when you try to open the Web Console.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please specify if you installed Apache along with the Web Console, which ports you specified and which you type in when you try to open the Web Console.

Thank you.

Hi, I installed Apache alongside the Web Console and the port that I am using for mobile devices is 13292. I am using the default ports of 8060 for HTTP and 8061 for https

Edited by useit

Hi, I installed Apache alongside the Web Console and the port that I am using for mobile devices is 13292. I am using the default ports of 8060 for HTTP and 8061 for https

Please collect and provide us with a Web Console trace while reproducing this issue (trying to access the Console).

Thank you.

Please collect and provide us with a Web Console trace while reproducing this issue (trying to access the Console).

Thank you.

Please find file attached

Hi,

Ports 8060 and 8061 are used by the built-in webserver of Security Center and you can't browse them hence the "access denied" message you receive.

Web Console uses different ports, 8080 for the web portal and 8081 for the Self-Service portal (MDM) both accessible through HTTPS protocol.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Ports 8060 and 8061 are used by the built-in webserver of Security Center and you can't browse them hence the "access denied" message you receive.

Web Console uses different ports, 8080 for the web portal and 8081 for the Self-Service portal (MDM) both accessible through HTTPS protocol.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does, I have finally reached the log in page. Okay, this may sound like a dumb question :rolleyes: . Where do I get the log in credentials. I dont remember creating those :rolleyes:

Hi,

Here is a list of ports that KSC need to use.

http://support.kaspersky.com/9297#block1

What do you mean by this?

Where do I get the log in credentials. I dont remember creating those

BR

The username and Password on the webconsole log in page, I wanted to know which credentials to use.

Hi,

Here is a list of ports that KSC need to use.

http://support.kaspersky.com/9297#block1

What do you mean by this?

Where do I get the log in credentials. I dont remember creating those

BR

The username and Password on the webconsole log in page, I wanted to know which credentials to use.

Hi,

You need use credentials as for the local console.

Thank you!

I see,

Because during installation, I didn't fill anything for the Apache Server. Is there a default username and password that is used to for the apache so that I can create new accounts.

I see,

Because during installation, I didn't fill anything for the Apache Server. Is there a default username and password that is used to for the apache so that I can create new accounts.

You see the logon window as mentioned in this article?

Thank you!

I see,

If you need new users to be able to access the Web Console, you need to create them in an MMC Console of KSC, and grant them at least Read permissions for Basic functionality.

Thank you.

If you need new users to be able to access the Web Console, you need to create them in an MMC Console of KSC, and grant them at least Read permissions for Basic functionality.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have been able to generate the account for accessing self service portal. But I still get the invalid username or password using the login sent with the auto generated email.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have been able to generate the account for accessing self service portal. But I still get the invalid username or password using the login sent with the auto generated email.

Please clarify whether you cannot access the Web Console at all (not with any credentials), or just with some particular account. In the latter case, is such an account present in KSC?

Thank you.

Please clarify whether you cannot access the Web Console at all (not with any credentials), or just with some particular account. In the latter case, is such an account present in KSC?

Thank you.

I cannot access the webConsole with any account. The account I can't use is present in KSC, it is listed as both Internal User and an Alias. I created it while I was creating a test user for the Self Portal.

Edited by useit

I cannot access the webConsole with any account. The account I can't use is present in KSC, it is listed as both Internal User and an Alias. I created it while I was creating a test user for the Self Portal.

Please collect a Web Console trace while attempting to log in as that user, if possible, and attach it.

Also, please provide a screenshot of permissions for the user in KSC server security settings (trim or white out the user list if necessary).

Thank you.

Please collect a Web Console trace while attempting to log in as that user, if possible, and attach it.

Also, please provide a screenshot of permissions for the user in KSC server security settings (trim or white out the user list if necessary).

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find the attached files.

post-598407-1464346390_thumb.png

trace_20160527_124322631_5192.log

post-598407-1464346803_thumb.png

Edited by useit

Hi,

Please find the attached files.

Account permissions as set in the KSC Security tab, as requested in the previous message, remain unclear. The logs indicate authentication error.

Please note that Self Service portal uses its own set of permissions to access.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.