BlitzKing10

No non-Microsoft programs run after KIS 2016 install

After I install Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (latest installer), I immediately can not run any other programs besides KIS and all Microsoft products. It is annoying because I dont like using ANY Microsoft security product, only because I like having more control my protection, that and I think their protection levels are basic! But anyways, I just uninstalled BitDefender IS 2015 using Iobit Uninstaller w/ Powerful Scan to remove all traces of its installation, because I had a recent error with their program, and their Product Support was not helping.

But yea, long story short for some reason after I install KIS 2016, I cant run anything but Microsoft programs and KIS itself. I even turn off Application Control, and still nothing works, until I uninstall KIS, then everything works as it should. Can someone give me a hand here? I am stumped.

Thanks

EDIT1: I forgot to mention any other security software installed is listed below in my signature, but here is the list: Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware(Premium), Zemana Anti-Malware, SpywareBlaster. And to answer questions, no I do not remove Emsisoft during KIS install. Have not had an issue with it not being removed on previous computers. Sorry I didnt mention before, its after 3am here at time of this post....haha

post-508949-1461308737_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlitzKing10

Hi, Blitzking10. First I would suggest you uninstall all other security programs, and then reboot. You can always reinstall programs like Spyware Blaster and Zemana after, but you should NOT run two real time anti malware programs.

Windows 10 also needs to be completely shut down for your anti virus program to correctly operate.

You may also want to disable the Fast Startup option, as this is also known to cause issues.

Always install Kaspersky on a clean machine, as it does not like other anti malware programs.

Hi, Blitzking10. First I would suggest you uninstall all other security programs, and then reboot. You can always reinstall programs like Spyware Blaster and Zemana after, but you should NOT run two real time anti malware programs.

Windows 10 also needs to be completely shut down for your anti virus program to correctly operate.

You may also want to disable the Fast Startup option, as this is also known to cause issues.

Always install Kaspersky on a clean machine, as it does not like other anti malware programs.

After KIS install, I always restarted the PC, not shut down. I will remove Emsisoft and the others when I get back home, which will be in about a week. I never had any issues with Kaspersky since day 1, and it even saved my parent's computer from disaster. Plus I got the license for free for 2yrs from a license transfer from Agnitum Outpost Security since they shutdown and merged with Yandex, so why not use it? Had too many issues with BitDefender in past year anyways, so its time I used something different.

Kaspersky > BitDefender

But yes, I will do the installation with no other Security products installed when I get back, should I still reboot the system even though it does not ask for it after KIS 2016 install?

After KIS install, I always restarted the PC, not shut down. I will remove Emsisoft and the others when I get back home, which will be in about a week. I never had any issues with Kaspersky since day 1, and it even saved my parent's computer from disaster. Plus I got the license for free for 2yrs from a license transfer from Agnitum Outpost Security since they shutdown and merged with Yandex, so why not use it? Had too many issues with BitDefender in past year anyways, so its time I used something different.

Kaspersky > BitDefender

But yes, I will do the installation with no other Security products installed when I get back, should I still reboot the system even though it does not ask for it after KIS 2016 install?

So I just got back home a bit ago, uninstalled Emsisoft, I kept Zemana and MBAM installed as a test, restarted my PC, then installed KIS 2016. I kept my settings and license info from my last install, and KIS installed without a hitch. I am currently using Firefox while KIS is updating as I type this. I guess Emsisoft AM was the culprit afterall, guess Emsisoft and KIS dont play nice together lol.

And also no restart after I installed KIS either.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.