johnmsch

Printing Under Mozilla Thunderbird & Firefox

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.0.614(f).

Ever since the upgrade, I've been unable to print from Mozilla Thunderbird (v45.0) and Firefox (v45.0.2). I've been through all the troubleshooting steps suggested by Mozilla and even spent some time in the forums. Lots of suggestions, but nothing has worked.

Could this be an issue with Kaspersky? I'm all out of things to try and this is my last resort.

Thanks

Hey John welcome,

Is it wireless or cable?

If cable, there shouldn't be a problem..

If wireless, try doing this.

Open Kaspersky.

Settings (bottom left, cog or gear)

Additional

Network

Monitored ports

monitor selected ports only

Click select.

Click Add

Description:any (printer, printer port printer ddd)

Port#: 9100

Then disable it. inactive.

Click add

In the same window (network ports)

at the bottom of the window

Uncheck monitor all network ports.

Try printing :)

any better after that?

Also,

Please see: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344430 and then please download and install KIS 16.01.445. Please uninstall 16.0.0.614 > reboot, after downloading 16.01.445 and before installing 16.01.445.

After you install KIS 16.01.445, activate with your current activation code > do a databases update > reboot.

Any better with the current version?

Hello,

Just after I posted my question, I realized I never tested this with KIS turned off. Instead of just pausing protection, I actually exited out of KIS so that it was not running. Still have the same problem. I now don't see how KIS could be the problem.

I will however update my version to the latest.

Thank You

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.