FaFaPhooey

kaspersky lab power events provider driver is gone.

Please answer these two questions

kaspersky lab power events provider driver

Was this driver removed from version KIS 16.01.445 MR1?

What is this device driver for?

After uninstalling 16.0.0.614 patch E and installing KIS 16.01.445 MR1 in Windows 7 the device driver "Kaspersky power events provider driver" is gone

The first install of MR1 the driver came up with an error then i uninstalled and reinstalled MR1 AGAIN and now it's just gone.

At some point it was labelled unknown driver and wasn't giving an error

If you would like to use google translate, and read this topic: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344437 you will then know all that we all on this forum know. :)

If you want to know what Tech Support knows about this, then please contact Tech Support. :)

What I ended up with is a computer that wouldn't boot--Straight to BSOD. It was due to that power events provider driver. In Device Drivers. I manually installed it and rebooted and it was toast. No safe mode, no way in.

I hope no one else experiences what i did but this thread may help them

Do you know of a way to remove installed devices drivers from the recovery console?

-No urgency as I had a full image backup but I've never been in that position before in 7 years using Win 7. It's a rather scary position to be in.

I started with 16.0.1 MR1 then downgraded to 16.0.0 MR0 because of the update issue but now that it's fixed i went back to 16.0.1MR1

what i experience was BSOD which I couldn't even get in in safe mode. I need to learn how to edit that in the recovery console because i was in trouble except I had just made a full Acronis disk image-I was so lucky.

Please answer these two questions

kaspersky lab power events provider driver

Was this driver removed from version KIS 16.01.445 MR1?

What is this device driver for?

After uninstalling 16.0.0.614 patch E and installing KIS 16.01.445 MR1 in Windows 7 the device driver "Kaspersky power events provider driver" is gone

The first install of MR1 the driver came up with an error then i uninstalled and reinstalled MR1 AGAIN and now it's just gone.

At some point it was labelled unknown driver and wasn't giving an error

Quick question. I had to restored my PC with an full image backup that had KIS 16.0.0 MR0. To not have a repeat of what happened the first time--- I upgraded to KIS 16.0.1 MR1 without uninstalling KIS 16.0.0 MR0 .

It seems to have installed fine and the Kaspersky power events provider driver has the new version.

Are there any problems with this method if everything appears to have went smoothly?

Old 16.0.0 folders are gone and new folder 16.0.1 is now there in program files and program data

Hi. Normally, it's recommended that you uninstall a previous version and install the latest. However, in this case the overinstall appears to have worked so provided you're up to date with definitions and have rebooted, you should be good to go. :ay:

Hi. Normally, it's recommended that you uninstall a previous version and install the latest. However, in this case the overinstall appears to have worked so provided you're up to date with definitions and have rebooted, you should be good to go. :ay:

Thank you. All seems to be working fine.

I don't know what the issue was\is with that device drive. I searched and found a ton of BSOD problems with this driver so I'm off to read 'em.

Can you verify this is the latest or correct driver version? It's what is now in my device manager

Kaspersky Labs Power Event Provider Driver

klhk.sys

Date 12/18/2015

version 11.0.20.60

Thanks again for helping me.

Right click the KTS:
Exit.
Relounch
Restart PC
Worked on windows 10 PRO 64bit
KTS 17.00.611(f)
Latest database.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.