far2busy

Correct current version?

I just renewed my license and upgraded to KTS today. I followed all the installation advice to the "T" including reading the post at the top of this Forum. Current version is stated as 16.0.1.445, yet every download link I tried, including the one linked from the forum sticky itself, resulted in the installation of 16.0.0.614d. In searching through some current posts it sounds like .445 has been pulled.... however there is some fairly recent advice to various posters to go to .445.

Can this be clarified please? If .445 is indeed the most current and available, could someone post a proper link to get me to that download? I have several devices to update and don't really want to spend needless time de-installing .614d and reinstalling .445 if at all possible.

If 614d is the current version, perhaps the header on the sticky could be changed to reflect that??

Thanks for the assist, much appreciated.

I just renewed my license and upgraded to KTS today. I followed all the installation advice to the "T" including reading the post at the top of this Forum. Current version is stated as 16.0.1.445, yet every download link I tried, including the one linked from the forum sticky itself, resulted in the installation of 16.0.0.614d. In searching through some current posts it sounds like .445 has been pulled.... however there is some fairly recent advice to various posters to go to .445.

Can this be clarified please? If .445 is indeed the most current and available, could someone post a proper link to get me to that download? I have several devices to update and don't really want to spend needless time de-installing .614d and reinstalling .445 if at all possible.

If 614d is the current version, perhaps the header on the sticky could be changed to reflect that??

Thanks for the assist, much appreciated.

Yes, 16.0.1.445 is the newest version. On first important topic click on the green 'download' button at the bottom of that post.

cc

well then the download link under kaspersky.com/product-updates ,,,,,,should be fixed, cause for ''Kaspersky Total Security -Multi Device'' it has the download link for 16.0.0.614abcd for PC....dont even know what version that is.. if i even try to install that one it says i already have a newer version installed,,should probably be updated so people are not confused on which is current version.

well then the download link under kaspersky.com/product-updates ,,,,,,should be fixed, cause for ''Kaspersky Total Security -Multi Device'' it has the download link for 16.0.0.614abcd for PC....dont even know what version that is.. if i even try to install that one it says i already have a newer version installed,,should probably be updated so people are not confused on which is current version.

Looks like the link in the sticky points to the right place, but still the main downloads pages on the website point to the old version.

Edited by Steve H

:) Hi-Guys: A known issue hope to Fixed soon. Meantime use these links to install the 3-Mayor products

1) KIS=Kaspersky Internet Security: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344430

. . This link apply to KAV as well: Scroll and click the green [Download] button and follow steps

2) KTS=Kaspersky total secuirity: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344948

. . Click [Download] button & follow steps

3) Alternatively use this "Index list" too: http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser

Note: i) Remember that to avoid Re-enter the activation code. The user should answer-Yes to the 2nd

question, when Uninstall older version. ii) After finish installing carry out an Update & Full Scan +Reboot

I have total security and it says that this can be applied simply by updating in kaspersky....i have patch C for 16.0.1.445

I am on Windows 7, running KTS 16.0.0.614f. It is running fine and I also run Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Anti-Expolit.

I do see on this board a new release is available version 16.0.1.445. Why is this one not provided on Kaspersky upgrade links? Why hasn't my version upgraded itself? Should I upgrade manually?

I am on Windows 7, running KTS 16.0.0.614f. It is running fine and I also run Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Anti-Expolit.

I do see on this board a new release is available version 16.0.1.445. Why is this one not provided on Kaspersky upgrade links? Why hasn't my version upgraded itself? Should I upgrade manually?

I upgraded and it is running smoothly so far. In update settings, there is a setting to automatically update to a newer version and one to never upgrade or inform me. Is there some middle ground, where I can be alerted to a new upgrade and decide when to install it?

Upgrade to current build is done by download and install. This may possibly change soonish.

Soonish, upgrade to higher build number may be done by automatic download.

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Notifications > "You will be able to quickly find information about new versions of applications..." if those checkboxes remain default enabled.

I used the green button in the sticky to download the latest version, because I was on 16.0.1.445B and wanted patch C to fix the problem with it frequently prompting that a reboot was required.

So I uninstalled my KTS and installed the new one from the download link. It now reports that I'm on version 16.0.1.445. So this looks like the base release without any patches at all, am I right? I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Steve H

Please perform a manual database update and reboot then check your version.

Any better?

Please perform a manual database update and reboot then check your version.

Any better?

Thank you, yes. I had already done a manual update, but it didn't tell me to reboot, so I didn't. After a reboot it showed up as 16.0.1.445©.

Seems there's a certain irony in the fact that, after fixing a problem whereby it says you need to reboot even though you don't, it then has a case where you do need to reboot but it doesn't tell you too ...

It seems the installer does not contain the patches yet. They should be installed automatically via update function though.

Usually, KTS waits a few days before requesting a reboot when a new patch has been installed.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.