(1) Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/. Not install the trial version of the PRO, as you will be offered. Update it first, scan and attach its log, but please don't quarantine anything yet, until the log is reviewed.

(2) For the update issue of KIS, please give us a detailed update report as a text file, as it has in richbuff his post #2 proposed above:

Bye.

KM

I recently bought my first licence for Kaspersky, because I needed a very good antivirus in my new PC.

But since I installed it, i have tons of problem... Firstly with the licence and now with the error 2688679940.

I had a quick look to this Post... Hence, now I am downloading the software Malwarebytes. I hope it will help. Can you follow me if I need help? Thank you.

Fede

post-594719-1460207072_thumb.png

Edited by FedericoF90

Hello!

You also may try to:

- Reset your browser settings. Open Internet Explorer -> click on

Tools at the top right corner -> click on Internet Options -> click on

Advanced -> click on Reset -> reset the Internet Explorer settings ->

close down Internet Explorer. Then run a manual update.

- Download the AVZ utility from this link:

http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/Consu...lities/avz4.zip

Save it on the desktop;

Extract it from the archive;

Run Avz.exe

Go to «File» -> «System Restore», check only the following boxes:

2 - 3 - 4 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 20 - 21 - 22

and then Run the script.

I recently bought my first licence for Kaspersky, because I needed a very good antivirus in my new PC.

But since I installed it, i have tons of problem... Firstly with the licence and now with the error 2688679940.

I had a quick look to this Post... Hence, now I am downloading the software Malwarebytes. I hope it will help. Can you follow me if I need help? Thank you.

Fede

Hi All!

I used Malwarebytes, it found more than 100 malware. After I've cleaned everything, Kaspersky started uploading again.

I have attached the log for further infos.

Do I have to do something more?

Thanks

Bye.

Federico

Risultati_Malware.txt

Risultati_Malware.txt

Those are not malware. Those are PUP = Potentially unwanted program = Junkware.

Cause: Caused by someone downloading junk. Junk that is downloaded from download sites comes bundled with more junk. Or: Downloading ok stuff from a download site. Ok stuff that is downloaded from download sites is bundled with junk.

Prevention: Only download ok stuff, and only from the original source, not from a download site.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.